Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen

Thread: Advice on Sale

Default Advice on Sale

I just joined and yes, I am looking to sell my PM's. Please don't flame me without reading my post. My intentions are legitimate. I recently retired from LE after 21 years. I have a decent amount of handguns and I have slowly been culling. I've sold 4 Glock's in the last 6 months. I have 2 PM'9s and a PM 40 to sell, all have factory night sights. All are in excellent condition and have under 750 rounds down the pipe. I loved the size but the loooong triggers I simply did not enjoy. They all were fed my dept 9mm 124gr HST and Wolf 115gr and 40 HST.

I don't want to use Gunbroker, my department guys are all in the latest and greatest so no interest there. Local FFL offers insulting buy back offers (he is a friend and outwardly tells me don't sell to me I'm to cheap). I'm fine with face to face for inspection but sale has to be through an FFL. I'm also wondering what is a fair market price for them.

Any help is appreciated.

Hey Sean, welcome to the board. And thank you for your service!

So far as value goes I tend to notice that things on GB go for somewhat more than you'll see on boards like this. I guess simply because auctions have more competition and the buyer ultimately decides the value based on what he's willing to pay for it. More buyers, higher price. Even though you don't want to do GB you can still use it to get an idea for your guns' values. And then decide what you're willing to take for it. Leaving a little wiggle room usually keeps both parties happy.

^^^^^Precisely what he said.^^^^ Welcome.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Welcome...and good luck.
    Regardless of how much WE like our Kahr handguns..it's pretty clear that the marketplace has very little respect or interest in them. I purchased my CM9 in 2013 for EDC and wasn't as happy with it as I wanted to be, but back then...there weren't many really good options. A couple of years back with all the new offerings out there I was ready to let my CM9 go. My CM9 was still excellent, in the original box, with papers, etc. and I thought I'd work a trade for something I might like better. Come to find out exactly the same thing you did. Dealers simply had zero interest in it and gave me the same comment "try to find an individual buyer because my offer will be insulting". The good news is that while new gun offerings were prolific, so were aftermarket options, even for the CM9. I took advantage of everything available in the aftermarket for my little gun, and find it to be a bit more to my liking and it's now my EDC handgun. It get's regular range time to maintain proficiency and I'm overall satisfied and feel confident with what I have.

True that. I've traded a lot of handguns in to my LGS but he no longer wants any Kahrs in trade or to buy. His reason is that everytime a customer picks one up their comment is something to the effect, "man that's a hard gun to rack". And for women, fuggettaboutit

You'll usually take a real beating trading in a gun to any gun shop, they need to make a profit to keep the lights on so trading in or even straight trades for something else generally benefit the shop immensely.
    Can't really blame them I guess but it is what it is.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Yes, gunshop buying used guns are rather low! Thanks for all the help.