Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   Xssights

Thread: 200 rounds through gun, slide doesn't want to reinstall

Default 200 rounds through gun, slide doesn't want to reinstall

OK, I have a new CW9 with 200 rounds through it. I've cleaned it twice and when reinstalling the slide, it doesn't want to slide all the way back so I can reinstall the pin. It seems to get "stuck" about 1/2 inch from being fully seated. If I smack the end, noting happens - just playing with it eventually get's it to seat properly and I can reinstall the pin. Any idea why? Is this a break-in issue? Thanks, Steve

You need to repost this in the Kahr Tech area. I've had a similar issues with my K9. I've tried wiggling the barrel inside the slide, gently moving the recoil rod and spring around, pulling the trigger while I reassemble it, and I can never seem to find the problem. After fighting with it a few to a dozen times, it finally just fully seats on the frame.

One must get the recoil assembly just right, remembering that it is offset just a tad. You almost naturally want to put it in the center but get it in the little notch, it the slide don't go on, move it a bit. It can be frustrating, but do it a few times and you'll get the hang of it.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

^^^ What the Colonel said. And also, make very sure you have the rear hole in the barrel lug aligned with the hole in the frame. It is possibly to lock the action up by putting the pin in behind the lug. Not impossible to get back apart in that case but it can by tough. And nerver racking.

Some times the slide will just catch the ejector enough to prevent movement. I push the ejector down and the slide glides to the rear. Might be your problem too.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    One must get the recoil assembly just right, remembering that it is offset just a tad. You almost naturally want to put it in the center but get it in the little notch, it the slide don't go on, move it a bit. It can be frustrating, but do it a few times and you'll get the hang of it.
    Ditto on that one.
    Last edited by King Rat; 02-12-2023 at 01:12 PM.