Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Grip recommendations

Default Grip recommendations

I am looking for a grip enhancement for a PM9 that would add a little give and be comfortable to carry in a IWB or tuck holster. I assume it would also improve grip. More like rubber than skateboard tape.

What grip(s) do you recommend and what are the characteristics of that grip which appeal to you.

Thanks!

I have a Hogue with beavertail on my CW9 and LCP. Likes: 1. Realtively inexpensive 2. Beavertail part softens recoil 3. Very gripy, and good finger groove placement on the CW9. 4. Fills out the grip. I don't have huge hands, but these guns are still a bit smallish, so they make the gun more ergonomic

20210902_095052.jpg

The Hogues are comfy to me, but I was using the mini sleeves without the beavertail and found myself having to readjust them; they'd skootch around with use.
    I have the talon rubber-black stick-ons now and they work for me; lots more gription without any discomfort. I surmise that the granulate-black is like skateboard tape.

A cut of a bicycle inner tube works great. I've used that for years.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, CZ75

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    A cut of a bicycle inner tube works great. I've used that for years.
    I’ve thought about how awesome it would be if someone could invent a thin rubber like that that would react like heat shrink, but retain its rubber qualities after shrinking. Man I’d put that S on everything!

I'm not positive, but I think that does exist. I looked for it, too, but never got around to buying any and now I forget where I saw it.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, CZ75

The inner tube works well and very versatile as you can cover as much or as little as you need. The only downfall which isn't a downfall to most but a major one to guys like me who put looking cool as job one is it just doesn't look cool.

Many don't care as long as it works, me, I gotta have both works and looks cool.

Course we could get into the beauty is to the eye of the beholder and find some who think inner tube is the most beautiful thing on earth nest to Cheryl Tiegs so perhaps it's a moot point.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I gotta have both works and looks cool.
    I’m the same way

Another small plus to the inner tube is you can add material to the grip and then put the tube over it to create a palm swell or just fatter at the bottom to force a high grip etc. I did this on a couple. Sometimes not easy but works well once you get it.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I like the hogue handall jr. I put it on upside down and it works perfect for me.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/