Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new   Xssights   Kahr Shop

Thread: P380 Slide stop/release lever issue

Default P380 Slide stop/release lever issue

In reassembling my P380 after cleaning, I noticed I can spin the release lever part of the slide stop around the attached round bar. I'm not sure how long its been like that. Hate to pay $37.50 for a new one, but I'm pretty sure it shouldn't do that, right?
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899

That's completely normal, some are fixed and don't spin and some are locked on with a little retaining pin and they spin.

You should be able to look carefully and see the little pin that rides in the groove. Long as it don't pull off, nothing to worry about. I think your probably ok.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

The P series pistols have forged and machined slide stops and the C series have MIM slide stops to save manufacturing costs…..Both work fine but if you have a C pistol and want to upgrade to the machined part it’s an inexpensive option…….Like Bawanna said the spinning sleeve is normal and if it doesn’t spin freely that’s a problem so give it some lube…..

I'm not sure it's a problem even if it doesn't spin unless I'm missing something. I'll have to look I know I have PM's and K's and a T but I don't recall which ones spin and which ones don't. I know some do and some don't.

Lube how some ever is never a bad thing regardless.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I know at least one of mine does that. It probably lets the slide stop pivot up an down easier than if it didn’t do that.

OK, thanks. Just something I never noticed I guess. My CW model doesn't do that, but it has a MIM slide stop as mentioned. Now I can go back to losing sleep over something else.
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899