Crimsontrace   Xssights   Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters

Thread: Grip enhancement for P380

Default Grip enhancement for P380

The post for a grip enhancement for my PM9 went so well I am thinking of improving the grip on my P380.

Although rarely, I do occasionally carry the P380 in my pocket so the input from @340PD and @getsome in my PM9 thread is appreciated. Most of the time I carry it in a Galco ankle holster with I find to be quite comfortable and the gun is so light it carries well there.

I also carry it in a tuck holster so an aggressive grip would not be pleasant. Mostly looking to enlarge the grip if possible and smooth out the texture for tuck carry. I usually find the tackiness of rubber to be sufficient for a good grasp.

Thanks!

I got one of these. Not a perfect shape, a bit fat around the middle. Nicely compliant, good tackiness. I don't pocket carry so I can't comment on how it would work there.

Pachmayr Grip glove.jpg

I’ve found Talon grips with the rubberized texture to work well. Good hold and is not rough on the skin or clothing.
    I have them on all 4 of my Kahrs. Plus they are inexpensive, easy to put on, easy to take off and don’t leave residue on the gun that can’t be easily removed.

I looked at the Talon. They look like they are a good grip. I was looking to make the grip larger more than anything else.

duct tape?

jd

It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

Years ago I bought a small roll of marine "step" tape. It is rubberized and very sticky. I place a piece of paper over my grips and use a pencil to make an impression of the grip surface that I want to cover. I then cut that out and use it to create tape panels for my grips. And after trimming them to the exact shape I need I save the backing of the tape for future use as templates. I've done all my Kahrs and many other guns' grips with this, so I have a collection of templates ready to go. I think I paid about $15 for the roll and I haven't used half of it yet. When a panel starts coming off after a couple of years I use the templates to create a new one. Beats paying the same price for one set of talon grips. At least to me.