CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new

Thread: Why some folks carry

Default Why some folks carry

So, my oldest grandson’s roommate was down in San Antonio a few weeks ago to visit family and got in a shootout over a road rage incident.

Seems a guy tried to merge into his lane dangerously in heavy traffic and the roomie couldn’t let him in, so the dude pulled in behind him and started shooting with a 9mm at the roomie’s truck.
    Then the shooter pulls alongside him, so roomie pulled out his .45 and emptied his pistol’s magazine at the other guy’s vehicle.... then got off the highway to call the police. Neither one was hit.

Both men were arrested... then given “house arrest” (roomie is at his grandpa’s) until a hearing can be scheduled. Hearings have been delayed of course due to the pandemic.
    Anyway, the other guy claimed roomie shot first, but roomie has front & rear dash cams to prove his case.
    At least grandson’s roommate paid his rent Friday (he rents a bedroom in my grandson’s condo).

Weird happenings going on in these times.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

In my opinion both should be in jail. Anything "road rage" is insane in todays world. Those bullets flying from a moving vehicle could wind up anywhere. As a driver, if someone pulls a dumb stunt in front of me, I let them alone.
    A wise person once told me, you will never see that idiot again so what's your live worth?
    "Never pet a burning dog"

I would agree until the other guy started flinging bullets at the room mate. Probably wiser if he'd just pulled over or stopped and hopefully got a plate #. Then hope the other guy moves on or get a better more accurate shooting stance if he didn't.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I would agree until the other guy started flinging bullets at the room mate. Probably wiser if he'd just pulled over or stopped and hopefully got a plate #. Then hope the other guy moves on or get a better more accurate shooting stance if he didn't.
    That is the correct course of action.
    But apparently the shooter was attempting to continue firing at roomie when he pulled up along side.
    I do not know the details of the traffic alignment at the time that part happened.
    -Rudyard Kipling

I've survived combat on three continents but never in highway traffic..!!
    What I HOPE I would do is BRAKE when he pulled up alongside and get him in front of me. From there...try to get a license number or pull off to the shoulder would be the best options that I HOPE I would do. That said... this is essentially an ambush. The impulse to return fire immediately would be difficult to overcome and yes, I know that I'm responsible for EVERY bullet that comes out of my gun regardless of how legitimately they were launched.
    As to "Why some folks carry"...there's nothing in the information provided that indicates how "Roomie's" choice to carry did anything to resolve this ugly situation or protect him from death or grievous bodily injury. There may be more information or details left out of this but based upon what we're told...I'm not sure "Roomie's handgun did anything but put even MORE people at risk from "stray bullets" when he should have been focused on skillful handling of his vehicle to get away from that idiot. There's a big difference between the appropriate response when fired upon in heavy traffic vs walking point in the jungle in some third world sh**hole. Clearly the idiot who initiated the gunfire should be put away for a VERY long time.

I figure by returning fire, the roomie scared the aggressor off.
    Nothing more, mistakes notwithstanding.

Easy to to critique in hindsight, but I have no idea what the roomie is like or his experience/background, just that he’s 20something.

One thing for sure, he’d really be in deep doodoo if his .45 had hit anyone, including the first shooter.
    -Rudyard Kipling

It's hard to imagine any scenario that would justify participating in a rolling gunfight.
    The boy will have the opportunity to convince the judge otherwise.

^^^This^^^
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Oh, it’s going to cost him lots of $$$$$ for sure.
    That’s why I said it was a good thing he paid his rent on time last week.
    -Rudyard Kipling