Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Proud Of My Son

Default Proud Of My Son

Wanted to share a bit about my son, as a proud dad. At 13, I enrolled him in the MMA school where I had trained. He did well in Jiu Jitsu, and loved boxing (Mike Bell, world champion was his coach). At 14 1/2 , a little over a year and a half ago, he said he wanted to muscle up, like I had in the military. Here he is about a month ago, at 15. Hard to believe what he's achieved in such a short time. This and he has a 6.0 grade average, and will have an Associates degree by the time he graduates high school, due to his dual enrollment. The kid amazes me with his tenacity and never give up attitude. He goes hard from before dawn until bedtime, either studying, lifting, playing/practicing on his school team, or at helping out Ma & Pa. On top of that, he was already proficient enough at 13 with his 9mm and his rifle. Yes, proud as can be. As a reminder, this is a 14 year old kid in the pics!
    20210819_191838.jpg
    IMG_16861.jpg
    Last edited by BirdsThaWord; 09-11-2021 at 06:00 AM.

Every right to be proud. I think I could still take him after lunch and a short nap.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Every right to be proud. I think I could still take him after lunch and a short nap.
    Man the stuff you say sometimes! Lol!!!

USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Quote Originally Posted by wyntrout View Post
    Thank you sir!

Good sons don’t fall from the old tree, you have raised a fine young man and both of you have every right to be proud……

Quote Originally Posted by getsome View Post
    Good sons don’t fall from the old tree, you have raised a fine young man and both of you have every right to be proud……
    Thank you for saying that! Here it is being Saturday, and he has been in his room since breakfast, studying and doing an essay for his college. That part he got from mom!

Stud muffin and a brainiac too! I might get an operation. Whats the female version of bawanna? bawannaette? Don't roll off from the tongue too good.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Stud muffin and a brainiac too! I might get an operation. Whats the female version of bawanna? bawannaette? Don't roll off from the tongue too good.
    I heard the military is giving them operations away free these days. You are a Colonel after all! Don’t worry about how it sounds. The Xim and the Xer’s got ya beat!

Dude, you know that I know that you know that we both know that he would whip both our ass with one hand tied behind his back but so help me if I hear another word about Bawannaette I’m getting on a plane and coming to see you, I have your address so don’t make me come out there…..