Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reunion With CW9

Quote Originally Posted by Gebe View Post
    I agree and that’s why I purchased one of LAKELINE LLC’s charging handles for my CW9. It’s fairly expensive but it works to rack the slide much easier but I have to admit you have to be careful with it as the top edges can bite you sometimes when racking the slide or when shooting.

A representative from LAKELINE told me it was a compromise from being sharp for ease of racking or not sharp enough to grasp and said one could round off the edges if too sharp. Still, I think they could have rounded the edges slightly.

Anyway, the CW9 is a beauty and the smooth double action pull is a delight. The long trigger pull takes a little getting used to but is easily mastered after a couple of magazines. It may have a “plastic” bottom end but it’s a wonderful pistol!
    Something I've used on most of my Kahrs over the years is the Arachni-Grip tape. It goes on the slide and really helps to get a firm grip on the slide. This lessens the force needed to squeeze the slide, making it easier to draw it back. In case somebody is unfamiliar with it here's a pic of it on my PM45. If there's a downside to it, that would be cost @ $20 for two. And it is quite abrasive so I wouldn't recommend it for IWB use unless the holster comes between the tape and the body.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm drawing a blank in the memory bank but we had a fella here that we haven't heard of in awhile, he built all kinds of cool stuff, automated feeders for reloading, even a snow blower on the front of his zero turn.
    Anyhow, he sent me so little precut strips of skate board tape that works just like the Arachni. Doesn't go over the top but fills the grooves. I put them on my PM45 and it worked well. Held up good too even with cleaning etc.
    I imagine the piece over the top probably helps with the grip a bit too, would be easy to fit a piece up there too.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

The piece at the top is really just to tie it all together Colonel, I've never found it to be useful outside of that. The tape is pretty sticky but I wouldn't put it on the level of skateboard tape. The pieces that go between the serrations are pretty small and with skateboard tape would probably hold even better than these, which can move around depending on how often they're used, how warm it is outside, and of course if the slide was degreased thoroughly before application. I've found that with things like this applying heat after application helps to bond the glue to the surface a bit better than just sticking them and pressing down. Regardless though any grip tape applied there works well to ease the racking of the slide. It would be nice if Justin could pay attention to the market and come out with a slightly wider grip to accomodate a "stack and a half" magazine AND machine in cocking ears on the end of the slide. There is definitely room for improvements in the Kahrs, but as you've said in other threads it appears his attention is on his other acquisitions at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I'm drawing a blank in the memory bank but we had a fella here that we haven't heard of in awhile, he built all kinds of cool stuff, automated feeders for reloading, even a snow blower on the front of his zero turn.
    Anyhow, he sent me so little precut strips of skate board tape that works just like the Arachni. Doesn't go over the top but fills the grooves. I put them on my PM45 and it worked well. Held up good too even with cleaning etc.
    I imagine the piece over the top probably helps with the grip a bit too, would be easy to fit a piece up there too.
    Harry?

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

I think so, I'll have to do some digging, think I have some contact info someplace.

Yup, sho nuff. It's HarryLee. I send a signal and see how he's doing.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."