Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new   Xssights   Mitch Rosen
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: October outrageousness

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster09 View Post
    Well for all you folks that can't see some of these post, I just discovered something. If you hit reply with quote, the link will show up and you can cut and paste to see what the post is. In this particular case that is a bad thing as I threw up all over myself but it's shower night tonight anyhow so timing was ok.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Re the birthday cake, beer, ashtray, cigar photo: for the historical record, notwithstanding that weird Madonna-like pointy boob in the blue dress, the photo looks & "remembers" pre-80s, in my memory. More likely early/mid-70s, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by tokuno View Post
    Re the birthday cake, beer, ashtray, cigar photo: for the historical record, notwithstanding that weird Madonna-like pointy boob in the blue dress, the photo looks & "remembers" pre-80s, in my memory. More likely early/mid-70s, I think.
    Everything seems to fit except I don't recall Lite beer back in those days. Course I don't recall ever looking for it neither.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Pretty damn quiet around here, I sometimes think I'm talking to myself, maybe that's a good thing?
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

So K Bawanna, I find myself walking around muttering gibberish all the time, I understand everything I say so I’m good with it…….Part of getting old I guess….

I check in here about every day, but don’t necessarily have anything to bore y’all with.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by 340pd View Post
    [img] [/img]
    When I was like 5 or so my Grandfather had a 59 Ford Fairlane 500 we would take on trips to the beach and to horse shows and I would be stuck in the middle of the back seat between my mom who smoked Tareytons along with my Grandmother chain smoking Salem’s ……..My Grand Pa and my dad in the front seat smoked unfiltered Pall Mall’s and my uncle usually went with us and he smoked Tampa Nugget cigars and nobody would roll down a window or even had a second thought about the fact that I was turning blue…..If you did that now they would put you in jail but in the 60’s it was just how it was……

I remember quite vividly visiting my people in Missouri and riding around with my grandfather who smoked big cheap cigars. It was bad enough I came from a cooler climate and it was like high 90's or better seems like whenever we visited, so it was not only hot as hell and nobody rolled down a window but then filled with smoke.
    I remember thinking I would surely die. I finally asked, does this rig got air conditioning, it was just a plain chevy as I recall, nothing fancy. He said it did, I said why don't we turn it on? He said it effected the gas mileage. I told him I'd buy the gas.
    Didn't want to roll the window down cause that would have the hot air blowing in.
    Crazy times but other than that very good times.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Quote Originally Posted by getsome View Post
    When I was like 5 or so my Grandfather had a 59 Ford Fairlane 500 we would take on trips to the beach and to horse shows and I would be stuck in the middle of the back seat between my mom who smoked Tareytons along with my Grandmother chain smoking Salem’s ……..My Grand Pa and my dad in the front seat smoked unfiltered Pall Mall’s and my uncle usually went with us and he smoked Tampa Nugget cigars and nobody would roll down a window or even had a second thought about the fact that I was turning blue…..If you did that now they would put you in jail but in the 60’s it was just how it was……
    Tareytons! I just had a flashback: the ubiquitous "rather fight than switch" billboards and magazine ads. I remember my aunt switching off Tareytons to More cigarettes - and us laughing at the hole in the end - looked weird.
    Thanksgiving weekend wouldn't have felt the same without my Mom and her sisters sitting around the table the next day in a cloud of cigarette smoke, reminiscing, swapping tales, and shooting sh1t for hours.
    Neither of my folks smoked, but every good host had ashtrays available, and one of the go-to Fathers-Day/Mothers-Day/Christmas gifts that we all made in elementary school art class was a clumsily-crafted, garishly-painted ceramic ash tray. Bet that doesn't happen too much anymore . . .

Here’s a good plan
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling