Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: October outrageousness

^^^ Like and Agree ^^^

jd

It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

Agreed as well. Also, probably just about everyone in the “film industry” is a liberal. Liberals tend to be anti-gun, so they are going to be pretty clueless about guns and how to handle them safely. Baldwin himself should have inspected that gun and the loads prior to putting his finger on the trigger and prior to pointing it at someone. Doubly so since there had already been negligent discharges. A couple of people with blame on their shoulders in this incident.

OR......was it on purpose? Apparently the workers were mad because of using NON UNION workers on the set. Was this a plot to undue the movie by mad workers? In todays world it makes one wonder?
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster09 View Post
    OR......was it on purpose? Apparently the workers were mad because of using NON UNION workers on the set. Was this a plot to undue the movie by mad workers? In todays world it makes one wonder?
    Precisely weedhopper! We of course don't have all the facts and never will since it's Hollywood and California, and big name players. Evil intent would be no surprise to me at all. I didn't see the interview mentioned above, I'll have to look for it, I can almost visualize what it's like.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

What kind of a "dummy" or blank round could go through an entire human body and then into another behind it? Sounds strange to me.

The part about the muzzle direction could be overblown. Apparently it is a common practice to use dummy spots on sets so that an actor can aim the gun where nobody actually is and the camera is then used to make it appear that the aim is actually at someone. I don't care for Baldwin's political views but it is entirely possible that he was aiming at such a dummy spot and the camera person moved behind it, through inexperience, ignorance, neglect, etc. I doubt seriously that Baldwin intentionally did this, but the truth will likely come out.

"Life Member NRA"

Here is one in charge at RUST shooting...

https://rumble.com/vo4rig-watch-this...-shooting.html
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life Member NRA"

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster09 View Post
    Here is one in charge at RUST shooting...

https://rumble.com/vo4rig-watch-this...-shooting.html
    Now I’m no trained investigator but I think this may have been what happened…..I can’t really blame Alec Baldwin because it was a movie set and an assistant director handed him a Peacemaker .45 and said, cold gun which meant he could pull it, spin it and pull the hammer back, pull the trigger and no problem……I can’t really blame the prop gun armorer because she may not have been responsible for what happened but in the end, ultimately it’s on Alec Baldwin because he he took someone’s word that the pistol was unloaded and didn’t drop the loading gate and spin the cylinder to be sure it was an empty weapon…..

Now here is what I think really happened, there was a lot of union problems going on and there was a threatened strike from film workers for less hours and longer breaks which made for a hostile work situation……..Now I can’t say for sure but it was reported there were 3 guns on the outside prop table, 1 clean and unloaded for practice and two loaded with blanks for the next set, I think there is a possibility that a disgruntled SAG worker put a live .45 Colt round in the “Cold” gun hoping it would help the unions cause thinking it would go into a wall or something but unfortunately it killed a young woman and mother so I hope if that’s how this went down that person will step up and admit how it really happened but I doubt it………A young child lost his mother because of a foolish act which is very sad and I hope the investigation will find who was responsible in the end……
    The Federal Government can not give anyone a single penny that it has not taken away from someone else….

Geezz guys, blaming the union professionals on the set for this accident ("on purpose") is really nuts. Almost everyone on a movie set is Union. The actors have a union, the writers have a union, the cinemaphotographers have a union as well as all the trades that build, power, light and run the sets have a union...
    Now add that the "live round to stir things up" theory gives a clueless, anti-gun actor/producer a gun that he might shoot on the set in ANY direction... at ANY crew member and you have, in effect an interesting version of Russian roulette...
    There are fifty good ways to screw up a movie while it is in production, without resorting to the "live ammo" option. I don't know what happened, nobody here does, but I'll will call BS that this "accident" was caused "union" sabotage.
    Not at all a Baldwin fan, but I find it interesting that such a lefty anti gunner is still willing to "make another million" by carrying and shooting one for a movie. I will watch the actual police investigation as it unfolds with, great interest.

Peace
    I was once asked if I was "a paranoid for carrying my Kahr".
    "Nope" I said, "just prepared".
    " prepared for what" he asked?
    "more stuff than you are"
    God Bless our Troups!

It has been stated that the union was upset that because NON UNION help was being used against the UNION wishes...
    Getsome may be right.
    "Life Member NRA"