Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: October outrageousness

How did a live round even get on the set? Is there anyone on this forum that would point a gun at someone without checking it themselves? Yes, I know we don't point guns at someone, but if we were actors we would. What idiots.

I typed all this up yesterday and then the internet crashed and it all went away.
    I don't think anyone is going to step up and admit they put in a live round. (And I think that is what happened with what little we know). The charges would be endless, accessory, manslaughter, all premeditated, course in California they would probably built them a statue, pay for a sex change and make them governor and hang the janitor for not using a hypo allergenic dust mop.
    When we did police training I was often involved with the safety end of things. I'd have to pat down every officer and remove anything remotely construed as a weapon. Did the same thing for civilian actors (especially the women)! I'd end up with a cart full of duty pistols, magazines, knives, back up guns etc. We didn't want there to be any chance that an officer would fall back on training and go for a back up or improvised weapon. We've all heard of officers shooting their duty weapon thinking it was a taser, it happens.
    It never should have happened here. Now of course they are trying pass a law that there can be no real guns or ammo on movie sets or productions. Just what they need is more laws.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

[img] [/img]
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Quote Originally Posted by 340pd View Post
    [img] [/img]
    Dang I miss those days, points, plugs,and distributor caps, not so much. Gas at 28 cents a gallon was nice.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by 340pd View Post
    [img] [/img]
    oh man, I remember that. 1970 Oldsmobile Cutlass S just like this one. And if I remember right I paid $900 for it. Wish I could buy it back for that today.

The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Wouldn't that be something? You might get a mint front or rear bumper for that

[img] [/img]
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Bought this 1967 Malibu Sport Coupe (283 with 3 on the Tree) for $2865 in September of that great year.
    The lump in my bride was born just a month after this Easter 1968 photo was taken and is now 53 years old - he is now a senior VP of the Farm Credit Bank system of Texas.
    He was thrilled on his 50th birthday to be gifted the Ruger Blackhawk that. I had bought new the year he was born. Good time.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Damn, you were quite the stud muffin. Play a little football did ya? Be nice to have that car now, like so many I guess.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

No football for me. Parents thought it was too dangerous, so they would not sign the permission slip/waiver. But they had no problem with me buying a handgun at age 15 and learning to drive in Mexico.
    I was on the track & field team for two years though. Got me in shape for running around chasing the girls.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling