CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   Xssights
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Happiness is a new Kahr. Or even a used one.

Default Happiness is a new Kahr. Or even a used one.

New to me. Born Aug '08. Got it for a very, very good price. Whether it's actually worth it I won't be able to tell until I get it. And maybe not until I shoot it. Stoked though, I've wanted one of these for a very long time.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Congrats!
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Great Find! Congrats!

Thanks Guys. I'm hoping it's in as good shape as the seller described it.

Looks like new, almost no wear on the mag release…..Nice find!

Very nice! Congratulations

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk

Congrats DAO! As others have said, looks to be in excellent shape and a good find.

Got to hold my new acquisition today. It's in great shape! I originally thought I got it for such a good price because it was a CW9 frame with a P9 slide. But a call to Kahr after the fact proved that incorrect. I was just at the right place at the right time. The two letters of the SN, in the list on the Glock board were only previously used on CW9s. But it turns out that the list is not as up to date as it could be, and mine was made in 2009, as a P9.

I've ordered some spare parts for it and the others I have. I'll put a recoil spring in it before I even take it to the range. I will also dismantle the slide and polish it and the barrel like I did on my PM45, and examine the striker and the other parts as well. The other parts are just for insurance and future use. My guess is that I won't have to rack the slide 300 times to break this one in. But I was pleased to find it met the seller's description and does not show any undue wear or tear.

I used to be drawn to short barrelled guns but I'm leaning more to those that are "better" proportioned these days. The P9, P40, S9, Ks, and PM45 all fit into the well proportioned category imo and I like the feel of them in hand better than the shorter guns. Though the P380 is still one of my favorites to look at.

Very nice find DAO, I like a slightly longer barrel myself for belt work…..When my LGS ordered my current carry PM9 the distributor they use send a P9 by mistake and I played with it a while and admit it felt just right in the hand but I wanted a PM9 for pocket carry so they reordered one but the feel of that P9 never left my head and if I ever run into another one at a can’t walk away from price I’ll grab it……I think you found a winner there so like ole Jocko always said, go SILYSI……

Thanks
    I never had the pleasure to know Jocko. SILYSI?