CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Happiness is a new Kahr. Or even a used one.

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post
    Thanks
    I never had the pleasure to know Jocko. SILYSI?
    Shoot It Like You Stole It
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Shoulda known that. RILYSI

Got the P9 and my Carbine home today. The P9 is truly in great shape. I took the slide completely apart in order to put a polish job on it, like I did to my PM45. I didn't put quite the shine on it as the other but it still looks pretty darn nice. Still not a big fan of matte stainless.
    I had purchased a new recoil spring for it and oh man what a chore to get that in! I ended up having to put the spring over a cleaning rod and compressing it a few times to get it short enough to be able to muscle it into the gun. The new spring was fully 3" longer than the spring I took out of it to begin with. After getting it compressed on the cleaning rod it was still about a half inch longer but I was finally able to get it in front of the barrel and the slide onto the frame. Sharp looking little gun. I had a stainless P380 or awhile as well as a CM9 but never really took a liking to that look until I polished my PM45. Now I kind of prefer it over the diamond black, or at least it's close. Pictures tomorrow when the light's better.

And pictures of the carbine too please.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I'm still not much of a photographer. But like I mentioned it's in really good shape. I don't think the striker or extractor channels had ever been cleaned but they are now
    In the picture of the left side you can see the difference between matte finish inside the serrations and the rest of the slide. It's not a bbq gun but with just a little Mother's and some elbow grease, to me they look a whole lot better.

Carbine pics here in post #65
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks really good. I take my barrel to the polishing wheel and in about a minute the barrel and chamber hood look like chrome. Must take considerable elbow grease to get it that nice with Mothers by hand.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Surprising, not so much. I spent less than an hour on both pieces last night. Now if I wanted it really shiny I guess it would take longer. But just getting the matte removed is pleasing to my eye.

I guess I'm old school, I don't want my firearm to reflect light. It's why I prefer the black finishes. Blued revolvers and dark companions.
    NRA Benefactor