Xssights   Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop

Thread: Suppressors anyone?

Default Suppressors anyone?

First off I am old.
    Out of pity, I bought a M&P 45 gen1 from a customer who was moving outstate for $300, he kept reducing the price and I had to stop him out of conscience. Terrible factory trigger so I bought a kit from Apex and that solved the trigger problem.
    I got to thinking it might be practical to have a suppressor as it might make a great bedside gun as a slow moving 45 out of a suppressed gun might save what hearing I have left.
    So, I ordered a 45 threaded barrel and called Silencer Central as they have a very easy purchase plan literally doing everything over the phone. Total cost for the stamp and a titanium suppressor that will fit everything from 45 down to 22 rimfire is about $1200.

Now the question. That M&P will require taller sights (no real problem) but it will be a huge gun that will no longer fit in the liberty gunvault I keep by the bedside. My son-in-law who would be on the trust has no real interest in suppressors and I got to thinking the guys that I work with that do have suppressors use them so seldom that I haven't seen one for over a year.

Lastly, with this regime in the White House I am really opposed to have my name on any NFA item. First bump stocks, currently "forced reset" trigger system all have or on the government s**t list.
    I think I am better off with a set of electronic headphones bedside rather than a 15" nose heavy handgun.

Any of you have one and actually put it to use?
    "Never pet a burning dog"

I'd get it anyhow so you can shoot in your back yard if you get the urge. Also if the Biden regime comes to stir the pot it won't be so noisy in your neighborhood. Everybody is on the Biden regime's sh/t list so I'm not the least bit concerned.
    Being on the opposite coast I'm sure they'll start someplace else so I'll have time to dig in.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Most with experience say you won't have time to put on ear protection. Your hearing will suffer, hopefully mostly temporarily, but you'll be alive to tell the tale.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

Probably will never get the chance to shoot that thing in the backyard due to neighbors side to side but for that same $1400 I can buy a very quiet PCP air rifle for critters that come up out of the swamp.
    http://
    "Never pet a burning dog"

I agree with both Bawanna and JohnR…..If money is not a problem then get one while you can and even use it on other guns as well….I have only fired one .22 rimfire rifle with a suppressor at an indoor range and it was nice….The gun made more of a pop sound rather than a loud crack…..I took a couple quick shots with no hearing protection and it wasn’t a problem but I don’t know how well it would work on a .45 or other large caliber firearm……As for being on a Government watch list I wouldn’t worry about that much with all the problems President Disaster is causing I think gun control is being pushed down to the bottom of the list….

Now for a bedside gun I personally don’t think a suppressor would be of much use and I would use the time it would take to turn on and adjust the muffs to grab a flashlight and gun to quietly as possible go check out the problem and if it is a bad guy and you have to shoot then like JohnR said, you may harm your hearing but that’s the last thing you need to worry about at that point…..

From the picture it looks like plenty of room to shoot to me. Noise is the issue. Neighbors that don't like guns whine about the noise.
    I have a good air pellet rifle, it's a blast but it ain't the same. Good practice and all but not the same.
    A co worker got a 22 silencer and I've used it on my Charger and a 22/45, real nice and quiet. I was gonna be added onto his trust but never got around to doing all the paperwork. I borrow it from time to time to play with.

Not so much these days since he's still working and I'm retarded.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."