Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Red dots again

Default Red dots again

Folks,
    I just want to see if maybe we can have some influence to our benefit. For those of you who aren't yet aware, Leupold recently came out with something that looks very promising - their Delta-Point Micro.

https://www.leupold.com/shop/red-dot...ltapoint-micro

This MRDS mounts in the factory rear sight dovetail. It requires no machine work on the guns it fits, and it is the lowest profile RDS on the market. It will co-witness with the front sight on everything it fits. Currently, it fits only the Glock pistols and the S&W M&P and Shield series (with exceptions). I contacted Leupold CS and asked if they plan on adding versions to fit more models, and their response was in the affirmative. But they didn't indicate anything specific about what we might see in the future. I responded with my request to bring out the sight for Kahr pistols and for the S&W EZ9.

Here's where you all come in. I haven't used the sight on anything, but I like what I see in the specs and reviews - and it may be the best or even only option we have in the foreseeable future for a ready to go RDS that we can use on all our current dovetail Kahrs without machining. It might not make a difference, but maybe if we let them know there's a market for this, they'll get us on the list. If you are at all interested in this sight (and I think you should be ), please take the time to contact Leupold with your request for a Kahr version.

Thanks in advance for your participation.

Not at all interested, but I’m sure some are. At $400 one doubles the price of the pistol. I could go on and on but I deposited my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by DJK11 View Post
    Not at all interested, but I’m sure some are. At $400 one doubles the price of the pistol. I could go on and on but I deposited my 2 cents.
    Thanks for nothing then.

In a world where we commonly hear that your scope should cost more than your rifle (which I don't necessarily agree), your comment seems kind of pointless. Those of us who can no longer get the best results with iron sights don't really care about the added cost if the device works. Especially considering that we don't always go for the cheapest Kahr pistol.

Hey FreeMe... I don’t know if this would mean anything to you, but I once bought a semi-universal dovetailed mount for a standard Sig P365 (not the one with the RMR notch on the slide). It had lot’s of little pin holes and mounting points for various RMR’s. I was then able to mount a Holosun 507c. I think the dovetail on it could have been filed a bit to rest in a Kahr’s dovetail. Maybe there are other manufacturer’s of universal mounts that more closely match the dovetail profile of a Kahr? But, not sure if that would meet your desire for the co witness part either.
    I’ve found Dawson’s Precision guys to be very helpful in the past when wanting to know about dovetail specs. Again, I don’t know if any of this will help in your quest, but just wanted to throw it out there.

Okay your very welcome. I’ll send an email to Leupold and convey I’m not interested in that red dot for my four Kahr PM pistols. And about the mount, it appears to be just a metal bar fitted to the dovetail with a couple of threaded holes. Should be very easy to fabricate.

Something tells me the mods may shut this one down due to a lack of civility. The spicey exchanges are really not what is smiled upon on this site.

Not shutting down but watching closely.
    For what tiny bit it might be worth, even if not interested it still don't hurt to inquire of Leupold to help those who are interested.
    I'm also not a Red Dot guy but I bought one anyhow just to make sure. Honestly it is growing on me. I won't be Red Dotting all my toys, (not many since the sink hole accident) but I'm playing with them.

Be nice to one another.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Bawanna, your point is well taken, but I don’t feel the need to advocate for something I don’t believe in. The OP suggested we should be interested in the dot and I expressed that I’m not.

True on all counts. I didn't close the thread cause we're open to opinions here. But at the same time we try to avoid jousting matches or personal feuds as it were.

I'm the worst at it myself as I don't hold back and just speak my truth, but in some cases (so I'm told) it's best to just not express nothing at all.

We're all good, nothing to see here.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Thanks for not closing the thread, Bawanna. It always puzzles me why a person who is uninterested has to express their lack of interest as if that's interesting - but I probably shouldn't have responded to that.

Back to the OP....

I'm not sold on the RDS yet either, but I think Kahr is leaving money on the table by not making an option for those who want to go that route. The Kahr pistols still stand alone in their niche as far as I'm concerned, but Sig and others are threatening to make them irrelevant. Personally, I am so accustomed to the Kahr that I'd like to not have to change if I decide that the dot is necessary as my eyes degrade.

What strikes me as an advantage (which I have yet to confirm) with this Leupold sight is that with no power for the dot, it resembles a ghost ring sight. With that, I am very familiar. I've used various renditions of such on rifles and on handguns, and I find them to be very effective and fast in use. Might not be as accurate as actual cowitnessed irons, but I'm betting the difference at defensive distances wouldn't be much. At any rate, I suspect that it may be faster to acquire the dot in such a configuration than what I could do with the other RDS units on the market. That it could potentially be fitted without milling the slide is a big plus.