CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Red dots again

Got the "send it in" email from Galloway. They now have my slide. I'll update when I get it back.

Now, just waiting for a nice sunny day to do some live presentations from the holster.

Looks like they did a good job.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Since we're actually having a real winter here and I could wait no longer, I went to the indoor range and put about 100 rounds downrange with this P9. The gun ran perfectly with 115gr and some 124gr +p. Got the sight zeroed pretty easily. No problem or delay in picking up or recovering the sight. Definitely an improvement in speed+accuracy for me. I think it was money well spent.

Congrats, I love Red Dots too, have one on my nightstand/target CZ SP01, though not on my carry PM9 (too bulky for me to carry comfortably, and at typical close quarters self-defense ranges I prefer night sights and a laser personally.

Enjoy, as Red Dots sure beat iron sights with my old eyes LOL!

Do the irons co witness?

Quote Originally Posted by DJK11 View Post
    Do the irons co witness?
    Barely. Not to the degree that I could expect to use them in a hurry if the dot dies. But the 407k has a rear sight notch in its base that would serve fairly well in that event. It's a wide notch that would be okay at the usual defensive distances, and POI is probably going to be slightly elevated. I'm not aware of any supressor hight sights for Kahrs, but I haven't looked.

Thanks for sharing your experience! I'm considering having my PM9 or the K9 that I have enroute milled for a holosun as well. I also found this review of a milled P9/RDS.
    https://www.personaldefenseworld.com...ustomizations/

You're welcome, iWander. And thanks for the interesting link. Some people spend a lot more on custom work than I would.

My experience with the Holosun mounted is limited so far, but it doesn’t appear to have effected slide velocity enough to matter. Loads I've put through it so far range from 124gr Speer Lawman fmj, to Speer 124gr Gold Dot +p, and my warm 115gr handloads. The improvement in my rapid fire groups is dramatic.