Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Red dots again

I put a red dot on my PC Carbine but have yet to use it. When we get to a certain age we need help with our eyesight. I'm not against trying most anything in that regard, and very interested in anything that could give me an edge when it's needed. That being said I doubt that I'll ever carry a red dot pistol with the optics we've seen to date. I have not yet seen this new Leupold, it might be the best thing since sliced bread. Sounds intriguing.

FreeMe, I'll make the call this week. I AM sold on red dots for pistolas. My duty M&P and personal 365XL both have them and both are much easier to shoot accurately. My eyes have changed enough they offer several advantages over irons. As you stated, cost is subjective and worth it to me.
    Having a non-milled option for Kahrs would be fantastic since Kahr doesn't seem to be in a hurry to offer an MOS version.

not a big fan of red dots either; have TFOs on my CM9 which my 75yr. eyes see pretty good yet; but I like Leupolds' idea. if I wanted one bad enough, I would just have the dovetail milled (if one can afford the Leupold, one can afford the dovetail) like I did for the front TFO. surprising a enterprising company like Galloway doesn't make a bar to marry Kahr/Leupold slides/dots .

NRA LIFER

IDPA BELIEVER

I need to purchase one or two.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm not one to turn away from a better, easier to use sight that helps my aging eyes. My eyes aren't getting better. I'm glad sight technology is. My preference is to have the gun machined to directly mount the sight though. That feature has become a prerequisite for new purchases. I can see the dovetail mount being the only option for favored older guns, but I'd prefer not to lose the iron sights but rather have both style sights co-witnessed. Still, I applaud Leupold's effort. I can see this style in my future one day. Maybe on my old Beretta 92fs Vertec... yeah, I can picture that.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

Quote Originally Posted by bugs View Post
    ... if I wanted one bad enough, I would just have the dovetail milled (if one can afford the Leupold, one can afford the dovetail) like I did for the front TFO. surprising a enterprising company like Galloway doesn't make a bar to marry Kahr/Leupold slides/dots .
    There's a thought. Does anyone here know if the Kahr dovetail could be milled to accept a Glock sight? Does anyone know if the measurement from the back of the rear dovetail to the back of the slide would be the same or close enough? If that measurement would accommodate it, it seems like a gunsmith could easily produce the bar needed to link it up. No?

Just spitballing - because I don't have a Glock but I'm looking at photos - it looks like the distance to the back of the slide wouldn't be an impediment, but I have no idea if the Kahr dovetail could be changed to Glock. The custom bar idea is intriguing. Think I'm going to pursue that.

A good machinist can mill the dovetail to anything you want provided it's a bigger dovetail and now smaller of course. Not sure there's room on a Kahr but I'm a believer in having both iron and red dot if one does a red dot and co witness if possible.
    Might not be all that critical on up close and personal guns and most people don't look at the sights anyhow.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

JB Weld !!! Then machine it. Smart ass answer, but it would probably work.

I put that **** on everything....................................

Didn’t I mention in my second post about machining a custom dovetail mount. Not that difficult. Chunk of metal, a file and drill n’ tap. WALLA!

Look for my post on modifying a TFX rear sight for a CZ97. After all we should ALL be interested, right.