Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alec Baldwin’s solution to movie set gun safety... really?

Default Alec Baldwin’s solution to movie set gun safety... really?

He calls for a police officer to be present on any movie set that features gun use.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/alec-ba...-tv-sets-guns/

Geeze, as if having a competent armorer and a certified range safety officer instead wouldn’t mitigate careless morons like him.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Ygbsm.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

Many police officers don't really know all that much about guns, other than what they carry on duty. Certainly they know safety but to most the gun is like the hammer on a carpenters tool belt.

The armorer idea is perfect, just not some tattooed crossdresser want to be something else type.

The guns should be distributed directly from the armorer to the actor, no director or anybody else yelling cold gun and handing the gun to the actor. Sure it was bad practice for Baldwin to not double check but he's just an actor paid to do what they tell him and how to do it.
    For sure there should be no target practice in the desert with prop/movie guns and no live ammo anywhere near where they are shooting the film.
    The armorer on this set dropped the ball, the director or whoever grabbed the gun from the cart and yelled cold gun dropped the ball. He just grabbed apparently didn't check (probably didn't know how). Comedy of sad errors.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

The cop is there to arrest Alec when he screws up again.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

This is a hidden Hollywood ploy saying, "We actors are not competent enough to be trusted to handle a real firearm. We are not competent enough to be trained to handle a firearm safely, nor should we be bothered to have to take safety lessons. We are the stars of everyone's life, therefor someone else will be responsible if/when we shoot someone during filming."

In other words, "It's not my fault!"

At a gun show I used to go to they had a Minnesota state fair police officer checking fire arms and zip tie the actions open. One of them had a ND of his own duty gun. Very early in my carry career, first show after I received my permit, being stupid I handed my carry gun to the officer to clear and zip tie. I realized very quickly that I had made a mistake when I had to instruct him how to clear a Kahr.

Ultimately, the person attached to the finger on the trigger is responsible for what comes out of the barrel, no one else.
    just sayin'
    Last edited by Tilos; 11-09-2021 at 08:32 AM.
    I apologize if my post contains the same or similar information as someone who has posted before me.

Let me start by saying that I totally support Police Officers and the job they do but sometimes there is a Barney Fife in the bunch…..My wife’s cousin was married to a guy named Mike who was an Army MP and very soon after he got out of the military they married and he got a job with the Gwinnett County Ga Police Dept and one day we were at their house for their young sons birthday party and he wanted to show me his new back up S&W 9mm revolver which at the time I didn’t know they made a J frame in 9 mil but he kept pulling it out of his pocket and pointing it at my head to show how easy it came out…..I asked if I could hold it and he proudly said sure…..I immediately opened the cylinder and removed the 5 live rounds and examined the revolver and handed the pistol and loose ammo back hoping that he realized what a stupid mistake he had made but without embarrassing him but he reloaded the gun and stuck it back in his pocket like nothing had happened……..Mike was later fired from Gwinnett Police after totaling his 3rd Police car…..Shortly after that they divorced and hopefully I will never come across him again and if there was one guy that should not have ever been hired as a Police Officer or held a badge it was him…..

The fact that after this incident, for which he may be criminally and civilly liable, he and his wife can’t keep their mouths shut says a lot about who they are.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Attempt at delegation of responsibility and therefore liability. If the private movie production company skimps on costs to cut financial and procedural corners but they've delegated authority to the public servant, then they're scot-free, and any liability (and expense) is on us, the public. Lovely.