Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Interesting holster for CW9

Family gatherings are no problem for me. I don't even conceal then. If the family don't see a gun on me they'll know it's time to find a home to stuff me in.
    They all know that guns are my # 1 thing pretty much above all else so it is what it is.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post
    Yep we all do what we hasta do. I don't appendix carry, the comment about the boys was mainly in jest, though I did recently pick up one of the urban carry holsters for my PM45. So I guess if I grow accustom enough to it then I will be appendix carrying. Thing is I like to have all the options I need so that I don't find myself in a position where I can't dress around my carry. Family gatherings are a challenge in that way because of the somewhat dreaded hugging that goes on. That's why I bought the urban carry.
    After you try out that Urban Carry how about post an opinion. I’d be interested to know what a real non paid person thinks about it.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by BirdsThaWord View Post
    Just saw this on ebay. I run a clip draw on mine, for minimal girth, but this looks like a great option. I’d see my self cutting down the barrel rod if I got one, but doubt that I will get one.
    Attachment 18277Attachment 18278

I would like to try it as well. I detest IWB holsters. I like my pants to fit perfectly.

Here is a holster that I finally after so many years like. I received it as a gift. When I first saw it, I said, man I am sorry they wasted their money as I will not be wearing it. Man that changed quick. I started practicing drawing with it and it was as fast as the video. And it is so comfortable. Does not print. No problem with that claustrophobic feel I get from IWB holsters. This was one of those deals that you should not knock it before trying it. It works great!
    I EDC my CM9 in it.

For myself this holster is a 10Plus. However just like many things, it may not be right for all.

Urban carry
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-hc...nCarryHolsters

King Rat/DOA...like Yqtszhj said, it’s good to hear your feedback on that one from an actual user/owner. I have seen the urban carry vids and wondered if the fit and function was as advertised. Sounds as if it does! May have to give one a shot.
    Not sure if you guys saw the meme video where a guy had a pistol grip shotgun in one. Pretty funny!

I have worn mine in the house for a couple/few days. I wear jeans, either Levis or Wranglers almost exclusively. The leather is a very fine and the craftsmanship is very good. While the holster is perfectly comfortable both sitting down or standing up, going from up to down can be a bit of a challenge. The corner of it catches on the inside of the jeans and binds a bit on the way down. Once down it is mostly invisible. I don't know if it will ever be my favorite, but I will use it when conditions, such as family gatherings require me to be entirely discreet.
    I do not think it's a great option while driving or sitting in a movie theater. IWB carry in other positions would allow presentation more quickly and positively in my opinion. But then the deep carry it provides is probably the best offered in some situations. For those interested there is also the "Smart Carry" option which is similar, and done by a different company. We have a couple of those too. I don't regret buying either, however like some other holstering options they are, again imho, best applied in particular situations. To be fair, so are other more traditional modes of carry.

Being a full time sitter it would not work for me. I too detested IWB for many years but tried several and became accustomed to it. I never really messed with adjustments and cant etc. When I finally did, a degree or two of adjustment often times made a world of difference. Now I don't even know it's there sometimes.

One concern I'd have for the Smart Carry (if I was vertical) is how it works if your off hand is out of commission. Or even holding a beer or your best girls hand. One handed deployment don't seem like an option. Also no reholstering if needed for any reason.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Both valid and important points Colonel. The smart carry, and the urban for that matter have limitations. Though you can deploy the urban one handed (there is a retaining clip to the trigger guard), it and the smart carry are not optimum in as many situations as traditional belt carry can be. But then, as you stated we do what we have to do and both of them have a niche that they fill well.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdsThaWord View Post
    Just saw this on ebay. I run a clip draw on mine, for minimal girth, but this looks like a great option. I’d see my self cutting down the barrel rod if I got one, but doubt that I will get one.
    Attachment 18277Attachment 18278
    I like the concept. When I first saw Versa Carry I thought they should run the plastic up around the trigger guard. Looks like they read my thoughts.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, CZ75

These holsters are perfect. I used one with my S&W Bodyguard 380. The external safety gave me peace of mind.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Colt make one like that way back in the day for the D>S> it didn't work out to well.