Xssights   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters

Thread: A problem and the solution

Default A problem and the solution

A few months ago I posted about only getting 1 shot out of my P380 right out of the holster. I can shoot in my back yard. I would then pull the mag and reload a bullet into the chamber and it would work perfectly. Every other loading would work perfectly. I was thinking the gun was dirty. It did it again today. Got one shot and the second bullet hit the ramp too low. I have the magguts and the mag clicks into the gun tightly. I then looked into my holster, which is lined with light pigskin, and low and behold there is a little dark oval with little lines impressed into the leather liner right where the mag release is. The holster was releasing the mag but it was tight enough not to fall out. I carefully cut out the liner where the mag release is and problem solved. Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Whaleman View Post
    …I then looked into my holster, which is lined with light pigskin, and low and behold there is a little dark oval with little lines impressed into the leather liner right where the mag release is. The holster was releasing the mag but it was tight enough not to fall out. I carefully cut out the liner where the mag release is and problem solved. Dan
    Very observant, Sherlock. No amount of internet deducing would have come up with that. Congrats.
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899

That was good. I would have spent days working on that due to overlooking the simple things (as I do too often.)
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Also, part of loading your pistol should be to insure that the magazine is fully inserted... to include pulling on the base plate. You found your problem and corrected it. Testing your gear is very important.

I've had pistol combos where the fully-loaded magazine would not seat properly with the slide forward, necessitating magazine -1, or just inserting the magazine and loading the top round leaving the capacity less one condition.

I had a Springfield 1911 that would not allow an 8-round magazine to seat fully and I've seen some of the 1911 mags do that with the PM-45 and P-45... allowing no increase in capacity over the stock flush-fitting mags.

That's something you need to know before a failed reload in a gun fight for your life. +1 carry needs to be tested with your magazine reloads, too.
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".