Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Please help me identify my new to me T9

Default Please help me identify my new to me T9

OK - I've been hunting for a T9 for years. I'm a long time KAHR enthusiast - It all started with the P9 Covert. I bought it when they first came out, not even knowing what it really was, and that's when the madness started LOL!!! I can post my collection later if you guys would like to see - about a dozen or so I've kept. Anyways - this is the T9 I just won off GB, date code says 2003. I believe it is all factory original but I can not find anywhere that the T9 was made in Diamond Black DLC. Does anybody have any info on this. Thank you.

Best thing to do would be to call Kahr tech support. They are very helpful and especially like to hear from Kahr enthusiasts. Last time I called I got the born on dates for several of my own. If you like to collect you need to find an Elite 2000. They have a black Robar finish on them, and there were only 89 made.

Oh, and congrats on winning that auction. I was watching it closely myself.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Does the serial number mean this was the 450th production KAHR T9 ?

I have never heard of a DLC T9. T9's are kind of rare birds anyhow but a DLC has to be right up there with chicken lips.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Dang, that’s a beautiful T9
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I would say that a previous owner refinished this T9 as I don't think Kahr made the T9 in a black finish. What do you mean by a "date code"? The serial number??

Beautiful gun. Congrats. I think I like the black better than the stainless.

What sights does it have?
    Last edited by ripley16; 11-28-2021 at 07:42 PM.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

I believe these are the original Novak Tritium night sights. Do you know if the dovetail is the same as the Old Style dovetail cut for all the old style sights - I ordered a bunch of Front/Rear Night Sight Trijicon sets when KAHR had them on sale for $15/$22 - just so I had spares when they no longer existed - LOL! And yes by date code I meant the production date from the serial number - I'm showing around September of 2003. I was just wondering if the serial number corresponded with the actual production number on the pistol. I'll call KAHR on Monday and see if I can get any info - I'll update when I do.

If you call Kahr and they tell you it was made after Nov. 2004 then it almost certainly has the new dovetails. And they could probably verify or correct that info as well. They would probably also be able to tell you whether or not the finish is original. Could be that they original owner even sent it back to them to have it finished in black. They'll know best at this point. It is a good looking gun and fine example of a T9, congrats!

edit: Oh, and they might even have a box for it that they could sell you.

If it does have the new dovetails, would it be sacrilegious to put a Meprolight FT Bullseye on top? I was planning a " guttersnipe " slide cut to embed the Meprolight FT Bullseye on one of my P9 uppers , but I would NEVER cut this T9 slide -- THAT I know would be sacrilege - LOL!!! I might have a machine shop cut a " U " channel right down the middle of the slide on this P9 Covert and leave the sight off and still have the option of pushing sights back on if I wanted. If I start my search now for a spare T9 slide, maybe I'll find one in 5 or 10 years, LOL!!

Sacrilege? No. But it could either help or hurt resale value. You got a pretty darn good deal on the gun so you're not into for that much now. And if you intend to keep it for a good long time, resale isn't as much of a consideration. Make the gun work best for you.

You got a really good deal on those night sights from Kahr btw. Were they all for the old style dovetail?