Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast

Thread: Baaa Humbug Time....

I've lived within 3 or 4 miles of the hospital I was born in for 58 of 68 years of my life. The other 10 years were within 5 to 65 miles away. After visiting quite a bit of the rest of the country, just never been tempted enough to leave it behind.

jd

It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

Bird is right, there is no perfect place to live but I have to hand it to you hardy folks that can deal with digging the car out every morning to get to work but I must say having lived in Georgia all my life it has it’s challenges like everywhere else…..Basically Georgia weather is like this, January is cold and rainy, sometimes it snows or ice’s up which is interesting but doesn’t happen very often….February sucks, March is wet with tornados, April ain’t much different, May is windy but sometimes tolerable then June through September you just stay indoors in the A/C to survive, October is sometimes nice as well as the first part of November but then it starts all over again so in the sunny south we really only have maybe 60 nice days out of the year when it’s decent to go outside and play…….I’m blaming Greta Thunberg because everything was fine until she came along………

Sometimes, people get the wrong idea about up nort weather.......................I used my snowblower 3 times last year. I do have a very large garage so no digging out in winter. Unless the snow is really thick, we just drive over the top of it. It was minus 5 degrees this morning, but we'll get up to the low 20's today. If anything bothered me, it's the cold. I deal with it because realistically, it's nice weather here from March to November. Heat on for a few months and a/c for a few weeks. I am sure of one thing. In the future there will be many states begging for our water.

Winter finally arrived here in NE FL. It's a chilly 55 degrees outside, but it's very sunny, too.

I'll put a long-sleeved shirt on for my first walk around the hilly block out front.
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

How are you feeling, Wyn?
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Yes, it was a bit cool this am. I went for a walk with a hoodie on. First time I’ve had to drag it out in a while. I think you were a few degrees cooler way up North there this morning than we were way down here.

I'm doing well... just have to wait until my sternum heals... another month or so. I had today "off", but start having appointments tomorrow... in-house visits from nurses and physical therapists, plus doctors' appointments... all kinds.

Yesterday(Monday) I didn't get my evening walk because the Five was coming on and then my wife didn't want to take a stroll with me around the hilly block in front of us after dark. I have been getting two walks of about 4-500 yards with some good terrain elevation... a bit taxing if I walk too fast... which I'm prone to do, but I'm wearing a "fall" belt for my wife to hold me up if I stumble. A fall would be bad and she only barely weighs about 101 pounds. I have lost weight... down to 152 or less from about 161 when I entered the hospital 3 weeks ago. Thursday will be 3 weeks since the triple bypass and I see my surgeon then, and my cardiologist (my hero!) a week later.

I've noticed that I don't seem to be having the memory problems that I had before this... not much, if any, "memory fog".
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

That is very cool!!!!
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

The story byline was "Follow me, Follow me". It could just as easily have been "Help, Timmy's stuck in the well"