CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop
Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Baaa Humbug Time....

[img] [/img]
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Those were definitely the days.........
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

my first new handgun purchase was in 1974, after I turned 21 .... it was an H&R "949" revolver bought at Gibson's for that $39.97 price. I first went to the well known sporting goods store with the intention/desire to buy the top-of-the-line Ruger Single Action Six convertible ..... they wanted $70 for it. No way I could justify that much, considering my newlywed income - so I went next door to Gibson's Discount Center and bought something I could afford. Damned revolver got stolen in a house break-in (along with a lot of other stuff) in 1986. It was a cheapy, but dang it sure shot good.

That old Gibson's "sale flier" brought back a lot of memories

jd

It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

Yes it did.
    I got the Marlin for that price, but maybe a decade later bought the H&R for $48 (on sale).
    My son owns the Marlin, but the H&R sit in a closet next to my home office computer station.
    It has been shaved down a bit....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

-Rudyard Kipling

Actually pretty smart, who would have thunk?
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Well, it might not be prudent to have too many of those while working, or the job could take an interesting turn.
    -Rudyard Kipling

"If we ever forget we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by 340pd View Post
    [img] [/img]
    Now that brings back a memory or two…..My first ever firearm purchase was around 1973. I was 15 and my pal Mike was 14 and we drove his mom’s 68 Impala to a department store called Woolco which was like a K-Mart to buy a 12 gauge shotgun each…..Back story on driving the Impala was my friends mom had an afternoon paper route and she used the car to do her delivery of the evening paper but sometimes she liked to have a snort or two when she got home from her regular job and on those days when she couldn’t do the route me and Mike became independent contractors and did the delivery for her for a small fee……I only had a learners license at the time but that was good enough for her…….We had both saved up grass cutting and paper route money and bought two brand new Iver Johnson 12 gauge single barrel shotguns and several boxes of ammo from a sorta fat 17 year old girl working in the Woolco sporting goods department….We told her we were both 18 and she never asked to see any ID and there was no paper work and I even got her phone number…….We must have shot thousands of shells through those Iver Johnson’s and I can’t remember what happened to mine but I wish I had it back along with that 327 Impala that would burn rubber for half a block if you didn’t let up……..It was such a different time back then and I miss those simple days……

Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post
    Yes it did.
    I got the Marlin for that price, but maybe a decade later bought the H&R for $48 (on sale).
    My son owns the Marlin, but the H&R sit in a closet next to my home office computer station.
    It has been shaved down a bit....
    I got that same shotgun in 410 and 20ga. I whittled mine down a bit too. Think my son in law got my 410, he had a rat problem. I put a tone of inlays in that 410, turned out real nice too. Probably rusting under the bed now.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan