Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace   Xssights
Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Baaa Humbug Time....

Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

"Life Member NRA"

Yes, we do indeed have a problem.
    A corrupt government tends to be well protected by a thin white line of bureaucracy.

I don't play in this stuff much, but my non-professional opinions:

Baldwin was an untrained (at least not well trained) dumb ass.

Potter was a (supposedly) well trained dumb ass ... and this wasn't her first rodeo, so I've heard.

My opinion - they were both equally wrong, and neither should be allowed to play in any more reindeer games

jd

It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

Merry Christmas to all Kahrtalkers, especially The Colonel who keeps this refuge going.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

When four of Santa's elves got sick, the trainee elves did not produce toys as fast as the regular ones, and Santa began to feel the Pre-Christmas pressure.

Then Mrs. Claus told Santa her Mother was coming to visit, which stressed Santa even more.

When he went to harness the reindeer, he found that three of them were about to give birth and two others had jumped the fence and were out, Heaven knows where.

Then when he began to load the sleigh, one of the floorboards cracked, the toy bag fell to the ground and all the toys were scattered.

Frustrated, Santa went in the house for a cup of apple cider and a shot of rum. When he went to the cupboard, he discovered the elves had drunk all the cider and hidden the liquor.

In his frustration, he accidentally dropped the cider jug, and it broke into hundreds of little glass pieces all over the kitchen floor.

He went to get the broom and found the mice had eaten all the straw off the end of the broom.

Just then the doorbell rang, and an irritated Santa marched to the door, yanked it open, and there stood a little angel with a great big Christmas tree.

The angel said very cheerfully, 'Merry Christmas, Santa. Isn't this a lovely day? I have a beautiful tree for you. Where would you like me to stick it?'

And thus began the tradition of the little angel on top of the Christmas tree.

Not many people know this.
    "If we ever forget we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." Ronald Reagan

"Life Member NRA"

[img] [/img]
    "Never pet a burning dog"

[img] [/img]
    "Never pet a burning dog"

For Christmas I got a "new" heart... triple bypass. My heart's fine... no strokes or heart attacks... caught in time and fixed, but 2 months or so recovery and rehab.

At 75 I'm pretty lucky... walked into the ER with my wife. After a stress test, my third, my cardiologist wanted me to get another catherization, but sooner rather than later. After the stress test Friday 10th and not being able to get a catherization appointment until the 20th, he told me to go to the ER complaining of chest pains Monday. His worry was borne out and got the cath on Tuesday the 14th and the surgery on Thursday the 16th. I had no problems, so I got out Wednesday and was home by noon.

My son is still here and his wife returned to their home in MO earlier today. My daughter did make it here for a few days and return to IL. My DIL was real handy... a certified physical therapist's assistant, PTA, and used to caring for patients as I. She trained my wife and son how to "handle" me and made sure that I had bedding and everything that's needed for our home.

I feel good and am doing well, but I have to watch out and not break my wired sternum apart so that it can heal. I only get one shot at that!

The weather has been great... sunny and around 70 degrees, so I've been outside walking in the street and enjoying our sunny Christmas weather.

I'll try to check in here and let you know how I'm doing. I DO get to have a glass of wine with dinner... medicinal, of course, and my son is doing our cooking.

He can work from anywhere and keep up with his job here.

I wish everyone a Happy New Year, too! Cheers!

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".