Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace
Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Baaa Humbug Time....

Then an especially Merry Christmas to you!

Wyntrout: Glad you are doing well. Yes, the weather has been so awesome that it’s a shame not to get outside. Keep at it man. Hope that’s the last of that kind of stuff (DR’s, surgeries, etc) for you!

Quote Originally Posted by wyntrout View Post
    . . . I have to watch out and not break my wired sternum apart so that it can heal. I only get one shot at that!

I wish everyone a Happy New Year, too! Cheers!
    Wynn
    I hope it doesn't hurt to laugh, because I'm betting there's been ample opportunity to do so with your family gathered around you.
    Thanks for sharing your story and especially the picture - I appreciate being able to match your face to the entertaining stories :-)
    Thanks to you for you and your wife's service, too. Our third child just received notice of his congressional nomination to the Naval Academy this week.

I just got my degree....after all these years!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

WYNN, HEARD ABOUT ANOTHER GUY THAT GOT A "NEW HEART" AROUND THIS TIME OF THE YEAR. SERIOUSLY THOUGH, GLAD YOU ARE DOING WELL. KEEP US UP TO DATE. BET THAT TREADMILL WILL GET EASIER FOR YOU TO DO NOW.
    "If we ever forget we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." Ronald Reagan

Wyntrout...
    So glad to hear you had your ticker overhauled successfully. Now you just have to do your part by following the doctors PT’s instructions. With your sweetheart’s care you should get back up to speed before you know it.
    One tip... do not watch any political or social unrest news. That has helped me a lot these past few years.
    Keep the good thoughts going.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Dang Wyn, I’m sure glad you got your plumbing looked at and fixed before something bad blew out brotherman…..It is SO much better to get the surgery before a major coronary event happens than to try and deal with it after it happens…..I’m so glad for you that you recognized the problem and pressed the hospital because they will give you a 300 dollar aspirin and send you home these days and not think a thing about it……I have known 3 people from my church that have had triple bypass surgery and caught the problem in time, one is 92 and still comes every Sunday and has slowed down a little but the other two are in their early eighties and I wouldn’t mess with either one because they would kick my 65 year old a$$ any day……..God bless you and the family Wyn and hope you enjoy many more blue sky, palm tree warm weather days……Take care and let us know how it’s going……..

Thanks for your well wishes, everyone. Yes, I hope to be able to jog a little bit when I can get cleared for the treadmill at faster than a walk. I used to run into a "wall" at one minute or so after raising the speed from 4mph to 6mph. I hope to get more active in a few months.

And congratulations to Tokuno's daughter! What an accomplishment. You must be so proud!

I hope my new beach look isn't too gruesome. I usually wear a shirt!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Wear it as a badge of honor Wyn. Getting old is decidedly not for sissies.

[img] [/img]
    "Never pet a burning dog"