Xssights   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun
Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast

Thread: Baaa Humbug Time....

Sure glad I'm here for four months instead of back home in Wis

Personally, I'll take the refreshment of the seasons over snakes, alligators, bugs the size of small planes, humidity and heat that makes you stay indoors for 4 months, hurricanes, houses that are built out of cardboard, and the slum they call Fort Myers. Not to forget all the scumbags and druggies who are homeless. Florida is California with old people.

Take it for what it was........................He was a punk kid who was way out of his league and his state. He's a very very lucky kid. Like the rest of the idiots, he shouldn't have been there either. No training, no brains. I hope that no one thinks that this is a free pass. You'll end up being Bubba's roommate. Of course, he had the right to defend himself, but he should have left all of it to the police. That's what they get your tax dollars for. Let them defund the police if they like and let them torch the friggen city of Kenosha. It's the only way these liberal fools will learn. Let it be an example for the rest of the country if need be. Little boys with grownup toys.

It's sunny and over 80 here in NE FL. We have 4 seasons but not much of the cold stuff.

I enjoy my walks around the hilly block out front and that's the most exercise my wife has gotten in a long time. Her exercise is shopping. She has a great figure and only weighs about 103 pounds with her jeans and shirts on!

I'm lucky to have her. She's taking care of me and our love is stronger than ever after almost 36 years.

We sure don't miss the snow and ice up north or out in Colorado.
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Two of the seasons last about a week, each.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

It is really nice here....come on up only 13 below now....thinking of hauling out the BARBEQUE.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    Personally, I'll take the refreshment of the seasons over snakes, alligators, bugs the size of small planes, humidity and heat that makes you stay indoors for 4 months, hurricanes, houses that are built out of cardboard, and the slum they call Fort Myers. Not to forget all the scumbags and druggies who are homeless. Florida is California with old people.

Don't hold back, tell us what you really think. I have lived in NE Wisconsin on the boarder of Michigan' UP for 47 years and I love it there. About 14 years ago I went to Florida for the month of February. I now stay down here from the beginning of January to the end of April and I love it here to. I see more snakes in Wi then I do in Fl. If you leave the gators alone and don't go swimming in the swamp they are not a problem. We have the outside of the house sprayed quarterly by an exterminator and have no bug problems. The winters are dry and there are no mosquitos this time of year. Normal temperatures are in the low 60s at night and low 80s during the day with reasonable humidity. The cardboard house is concrete block with stuchko and the doors and windows are hurricane rated. Built in 2007 and never damaged. Still original roof. The hurricane season is over the end of October so we don't deal with them. We aren't in Fort Myers, but I would bet that like any good size city there are good and bad parts. Go check out Milwaukee. As to old people, I am one of them. Gives me people with the same life experiences to talk to. In general the old people down here are active and healthy, not sitting in a rocker waiting to die. It is also a gun friendly state and I have an indoor range 2 miles away. I love the clear skies and sunshine during the winter. I use to down hill and cross country ski, ice boat and ice fish. I don't miss them with all there is to do down here. I'm not trying to talk you into coming down, we have plenty of people already. To each his own, but don't badmouth an area or situation you know nothing about.

i

then I do in
    F

l

Quote Originally Posted by dustnchips View Post
    Don't hold back, tell us what you really think. I have lived in NE Wisconsin on the boarder of Michigan' UP for 47 years and I love it there. About 14 years ago I went to Florida for the month of February. I now stay down here from the beginning of January to the end of April and I love it here to. I see more snakes in Wi then I do in Fl. If you leave the gators alone and don't go swimming in the swamp they are not a problem. We have the outside of the house sprayed quarterly by an exterminator and have no bug problems. The winters are dry and there are no mosquitos this time of year. Normal temperatures are in the low 60s at night and low 80s during the day with reasonable humidity. The cardboard house is concrete block with stuchko and the doors and windows are hurricane rated. Built in 2007 and never damaged. Still original roof. The hurricane season is over the end of October so we don't deal with them. We aren't in Fort Myers, but I would bet that like any good size city there are good and bad parts. Go check out Milwaukee. As to old people, I am one of them. Gives me people with the same life experiences to talk to. In general the old people down here are active and healthy, not sitting in a rocker waiting to die. It is also a gun friendly state and I have an indoor range 2 miles away. I love the clear skies and sunshine during the winter. I use to down hill and cross country ski, ice boat and ice fish. I don't miss them with all there is to do down here. I'm not trying to talk you into coming down, we have plenty of people already. To each his own, but don't badmouth an area or situation you know nothing about.

i

then I do in
    F

l
    I did mention what I thought. You're assuming that I know nothing about Florida. I've seen the Fort. Along with Zephyr Hills, Safety Harbor, and a few other places. Don't worry, I don't think an avalanche of people will be interrupting you any time soon. We're all sitting around in our rockers waiting to die. If I would have known that they don't have any rockers down there, I might have a different opinion. If it was that great, I'd be living there. I guess 4 good months a year are good for you. Each to his own. I enjoy the seasons. Bravo to you. Most people can't afford to live in 2 different places. Watch out for those sinkholes.

12 good months, 4 in Florida and 8 in Wisconsin. If I had to give up one or the other right now it would be Florida, but as I age I might change my mind.

Born and raised in Florida. Traveled some of the world (uncle sam’s yacht club) and quite a bit of the US (sales), but will live out the rest here in Florida. Each state has it’s positives and negatives. One mans positive may be another's negative. I enjoy visiting parts of other states in certain seasons, but would avoid some of their parts regardless of the season. Yes, Florida has all of that too.