Mitch Rosen   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Baaa Humbug Time....

[img] [/img]
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Quote Originally Posted by getsome View Post
    Well now I’m convinced my wife is trying to kill me…..Today I’m 64 years old but I’m an old 64, and am technologically challenged…..For the last 15 years I have refused to get a smart phone and been perfectly happy with a flip phone which worked just fine for me, I don’t do insta twit, snap face, tic-toc or me tube but I did learn to answer a text message so long as it was yes, no or my favorite, OK……The little LG phone was very small, worked great for my needs and fit in my left jeans pocket along with my knife, flashlight, and extra ammo magazine pouch and everything else that ended up in there….My right pocket carries my PM9 so no room there for anything else but for my birthday guess what I got, an I-Phone 12 which I have no idea even how to even turn on……Is there like a college you can go to to figure out how to work these things?……My little LG was great but now I have to figure out how to stuff a 12 inch color TV in my pocket but at least if I get mugged I can hand it over and maybe get away because I have no clue how to dial 911…..
    No problem.....your dog will enjoy the phone!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Well now I’m convinced my wife is trying to kill me…..Today I’m 64 years old but I’m an old 64, and am technologically challenged…..For the last 15 years I have refused to get a smart phone and been perfectly happy with a flip phone which worked just fine for me, I don’t do insta twit, snap face, tic-toc or me tube but I did learn to answer a text message so long as it was yes, no or my favorite, OK……The little LG phone was very small, worked great for my needs and fit in my left jeans pocket along with my knife, flashlight, and extra ammo magazine pouch and everything else that ended up in there….My right pocket carries my PM9 so no room there for anything else but for my birthday guess what I got, an I-Phone 12 which I have no idea even how to even turn on……Is there like a college you can go to to figure out how to work these things?……My little LG was great but now I have to figure out how to stuff a 12 inch color TV in my pocket but at least if I get mugged I can hand it over and maybe get away because I have no clue how to dial 911…..

wow .... that is exactly "me". I'm not giving up "quietly" on my old flip phone either. As for texting ... my eyes were in such bad shape (until I got these fancy trifocal contact lenses in 2017) that it was really challenging to see those tiny characters on the phone to answer text messages. All my friends that knew me recognized that when I answered their text message with something like "gt9wm6b92jswp" .... I did read what they sent. I can see better now, but it still takes me 5 minutes to respond to a simple text .... unless it's just requesting a "Y" or a "N" - if it's important enough to respond in the first place it's important enough to just call.

as for (anti) social media .... nope, don't do that either. I follow 6-7 gun forums, go to Church, to the old man amusement park (shooting range), the gun shop, beer store .... that's social enough.

jd

It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

except the part of church where they have you get up and shake your neighbor's hand. I like to skip that part.

I'm kind of the opposite, being near deaf as a cedar stump I can't hear to talk on a phone so the texting feature is a life saver for me. All that know me know to text, not call. Trouble is sometimes I don't hear the phone go off to let me know there's a text.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I'm kind of the opposite, being near deaf as a cedar stump I can't hear to talk on a phone so the texting feature is a life saver for me. All that know me know to text, not call. Trouble is sometimes I don't hear the phone go off to let me know there's a text.
    every cell phone I've ever had (all startreck communicator flip phones) have a vibrate function .... just set it on vibrate, shove it down the front of your pants, and call yourself from another phone

See, I don't have to use (anti) social media to entertain myself

jd

It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

Yeah mine does the vibrate thing too but usually not enough for me to notice.

I remember in my early construction days we had pagers, those things would really vibrate. We used to turn them on and all put them on the desk and see which one vibrated it's way off first.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

"If we ever forget we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." Ronald Reagan

"If we ever forget we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." Ronald Reagan

...but at least if I get mugged I can hand it over and maybe get away because I have no clue how to dial 911…..
    Ummmmm... Helllllo... you just tell Siri to "call 911"...😉 like duh.
    I was once asked if I was "a paranoid for carrying my Kahr".
    "Nope" I said, "just prepared".
    " prepared for what" he asked?
    "more stuff than you are"
    God Bless our Troups!