Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun

Thread: P9 and CT9 fitment

Default P9 and CT9 fitment

Can anyone tell me how close to the front end of the frame the forward, internal rails come?
    I'm wondering if a P9 slide and barrel will work on a CT9 frame. If the frame extends past the dustcover it might be necessary to trim the front end of the CT frame, if the rails don't extend all the way out.

I see you question went unanswered. I am now wondering something similar... I have a CW45 on the way and wonder if I can put a CT45 slide on it. The slides and barrels are cheap enough and would make a nice “CCO”ish Kahr.

My guess, to answer my own question, is that the CT45 spring box would not extend all the way to the frame rails in the “dust cover” area of the CW45 frame. I think there would be a gap there and I would be relying on the rear of the frame and slide mating areas only, which sounds like a recipe for disaster. Greg? Colonel? Anybody else try this yet?

Yes, I would still like to know too Thanks for resurrecting this Bird

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post
    Yes, I would still like to know too Thanks for resurrecting this Bird
    8C22621A-5B11-4B83-8204-6D6AA84D1D92.jpg
    Reason I was asking too.. I saw how cheaply the slides could be bought brand new, and have seen some rather affordable used “parts kits”, with full slides, barrels, trigger, springs, etc out there too.

These are my TP45 on P45 frame and P45 - does that help?

TP45P45.jpg

For my question no. What I need to know is how close to the front end of the polymer frame on a CT9 do the forward steel rails come. But thanks for trying to help out, you might have helped Bird with your pictures.

Thanks PK. That does answer my question. And, the fit looks good!
    Now a second question, did you shoot it? I see it fits, and there’s no space between the dust cover and spring box, but did the grooves in the spring box make it all the way to the rails/guides in the dust cover?

I really can't remember if I shot it - I was testing my AR builds and a whole bunch of stuff I got on trades but I will definitely put them in my cases for next time and report in. Quick question for any AR builders out there - put a 7" Foxtrot Mike 9mm upper on a SBA3 pistol lower ( 5.56 mm ) - 1 out of every 5 to 10 times, the empty shell casing was just stuck in the bolt and the extractor was hanging onto it for dear life, I'm going to try a 6.5 oz or 8 oz buffer and maybe even 308 buffer spring - any advice from anybody ? // oh yeah - everything is brand spanking new so I understand it could just be tight factory tolerances also.

Oh - and I was using Mean Endomag conversion , I know those might have contributed also.