Xssights   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kahr PM45 trigger guard finger burn

Default Kahr PM45 trigger guard finger burn

Recently bought the Kahr PM45. Finally got to shoot it. Only issue is the trigger guard shape causes burning and skin loss on my trigger finger. I just tried smoothing the seam and removing a tiny bit of material to give my finger more clearance. I’m wondering if anyone else has had this issue and what they may have done to resolve it while at the range
    Last edited by BSea206; 12-08-2021 at 02:12 AM. Reason: Rambling

Once again perfectly normal if one has large fingers. At times the mold seam is rough and can be smoothed. The trigger guard on Kahrs are not large comparatively speaking. I have thin fingers and can’t fathom how big meaty hands/fingers can manipulate the trigger. Forget wearing gloves of any bulk.

About your previous post, did spent cartridges eject without issue?

Quote Originally Posted by DJK11 View Post
    Once again perfectly normal if one has large fingers. At times the mold seam is rough and can be smoothed. The trigger guard on Kahrs are not large comparatively speaking. I have thin fingers and can’t fathom how big meaty hands/fingers can manipulate the trigger. Forget wearing gloves of any bulk.

About your previous post, did spent cartridges eject without issue?

that’s what I would think but referring to nitrile gloves I can fit small size fairly easily but usually wear medium or large if I’m at work constantly on and off. My fingers are no way beefy. I tried smoothing it and so far dry firing I haven’t felt it pinch. I’m going to change my grip up, firing hand’s thumb on top of support hand instead of hugging the gun. The amount of skin I actually lost was… I should have stopped shooting earlier but I had too much fun with the Kahr. Yal were right lol

and yah the first hundred shots I had a few stove pipes maybe two or three double feeds but those were my error I think. Defenitely noticed I was pulling left because of fear of the recoil after already skinning my hand. But a few times I could tell it is actually accurate out of the box which is nice.

have you ever replaced the sites with fiber optics or truglo on a kahr? The sights it has are great I’m just curious on how those might be

I have three dot nite sights on all my Kahrs. Meprolight on pm45 and TFX pro on tp45 & pm9. Trijicon on the p380. I prefer the TFX pro because of the fiber optic. They aren’t any better than Meprolight in the dark.

A few stovepipes? Given that Kahrs are “short stroke”, the slide must fully cycle to the rear to pickup the next round or eject the case. A tight recoil assembly or a long outer recoil spring could throw a wrench into the works. As little a 1/4 coil could prevent the slide from fully traveling to the rear. I’ve had to clip a partial coil to achieve full slide travel. Lock back the slide and insert a mag with a round. Not much extra space behind the round and breech face.

Limp wristing (kahr has a name for it that isn't so unmanly) can easily contribute to stove pipes or erratic ejection.

I get the least bit sloppy with my PM45 and it will send a case to my forehead. Solid grip and she spits em out just fine.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Yah it was more than likely limp worsting. I doubt it was mechanical in nature. All my other 45’s were 1911s so even my first shot I was a bit surprised. After the first roughly 100 I didn’t experience any stovepipes, after getting use to the recoil jump
    and the double feed were I’m like 90% certain my error

if I ever update the sights I will keep those ones in mind, thank you
    the sights it came with are decent in the dark

thanks for all yal input

I don’t buy in to any of the limp wrist BS. I have intentionally limp wrist every gun I’ve owned and never had an induced malfunction.

Quote Originally Posted by DJK11 View Post
    I don’t buy in to any of the limp wrist BS. I have intentionally limp wrist every gun I’ve owned and never had an induced malfunction.
    I switched from an LCP 380 to an LCP 22 LR as my bug for this reason. I have definitely one hand limp wristed the LCP 380 which induced malfunctions, and would not want to do so in a bug situation (when my main carry’s rounds have been exhausted), hence the change. You may just have a grip like Thor, but I certainly do not. Although it only happened a few times I thought it wise to make the change. Plus, 10 little stingers well placed would have a better outcome, in my opinion, than a few slightly more potent rounds before that possible failure. Justin Opinion.

Some guns are far more lenient in the grip management department. I too purposely limp wrist and often times even shoot my guns upside down to see how tolerant they are.

I used to have a couple contacts at kahr working in the service dept and they said quite frequently they got guns for repair that worked perfectly for them. Hence they created the word, don't recall what it is but basically limp wristing.

Sometimes it doesn't take much. Had an officer not getting along with his glock. Checked out fine. I shot it every which way I could, couldn't get it to fail. Took it to a training day and had 10 other guys shoot the heck out of it, no fails.

I think he was hitting the slide lock lever with his thumb or something. Had the instructors work on his grip and things improved. It was frustrating, the instructors wanted me to replace every part (there's not that many) but I told them if I do that, how do we know which part was causing the problem?????
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Thor like grip? Kind of funny. I’m a senior with arthritic hands. Besides one does not need a death grip, except maybe a 500SW revolver. I often shoot one hand with a very loose grip without controlling recoil. Why? Because one never knows what the moment will bring.