Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new

Thread: KAHR trigger pull weights

Default KAHR trigger pull weights

Has anybody witnessed a large variance in trigger pull weights on their Kahr's? I pulled out my Lyman Electronic Trigger Pull gauge yesterday and got pulls that varied almost 1 lb that was the extreme , most were within 6-8 oz. Is it because of the cocking mechanism with spring and cam vs the striker fired pistols? Here's what I got got on one of my Cylinder & Slide P9's from 1lb 12.6 oz to 3lb 0.4 oz -most are in the 2lb 6oz to 2lb 10 oz range. And for the pundits out there - almost every gun I own has a 3lb trigger -- and unlike Alec Baldwin my finger is NEVER in the trigger guard unless I am prepared to shoot whatever my gun is pointed at.

I think something is seriously wrong with your trigger gauge.

I was gonna say the same thing, I've never seen a Kahr trigger much less than 5# on a good day. Not that it couldn't happen.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

No - my gauge is accurate. I tested it on a new in box P9 from the factory with 200-300 slide racks and trigger pulls and that pulled 5.0lb - 6lbs. I also tested it on my CMC 2.5 lb and 3.5 lb flat triggers that pulled fairly consistent with their advertised trigger pull weight. On almost all of my Kahr's - I've noticed every now and then a VERY light trigger pull - and that was confirmed with that sub 2lb pull. I've been a competitive shooter for all my life with probably over a million rounds fired and all my competition guns have 2.5 - 3.0 lb triggers -- but all my other guns are single stage triggers and I always have to "reset" my mind for the Kahr DAO triggers. What's really funny is at one point, I didn't shoot my Kahr's for a year or two and the first time I shot them again - I'm like " what hell is wrong with this trigger and reset? " LOL - the pull and rest was as long as a school bus !!

My 10 year old cm9 is about 4 pounds but everything is polished with original springs and probably 1500 rounds fired. You may have a weak spring somewhere.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I have two CM's. One bought new, now with about 4,000 rds and one I bought Used. Both have a trigger pull of between 5.1 to 5.5. And that is what I call perfect for my personal preference. Sweet smooth DAO striker fired DAO with a perfect weight. One of the great things about the Kahr. (Taken with a Lyman Electronic Gauge)

Quote Originally Posted by pk1313 View Post
    No - my gauge is accurate. I tested it on a new in box P9 from the factory with 200-300 slide racks and trigger pulls and that pulled 5.0lb - 6lbs. I also tested it on my CMC 2.5 lb and 3.5 lb flat triggers that pulled fairly consistent with their advertised trigger pull weight. On almost all of my Kahr's - I've noticed every now and then a VERY light trigger pull - and that was confirmed with that sub 2lb pull. I've been a competitive shooter for all my life with probably over a million rounds fired and all my competition guns have 2.5 - 3.0 lb triggers -- but all my other guns are single stage triggers and I always have to "reset" my mind for the Kahr DAO triggers. What's really funny is at one point, I didn't shoot my Kahr's for a year or two and the first time I shot them again - I'm like " what hell is wrong with this trigger and reset? " LOL - the pull and rest was as long as a school bus !!
    Did you notice those light trigger pulls when dry firing...firing live rounds...both? If it was live fire, did the rounds go off? I ask because I wonder if the gun was properly reset or the trigger bar was not completely engaging the cocking cam.
    I'd also check the striker spring. I saw some inconsistent pulls in the used P380 I bought; turned out it had a broken striker spring.
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    Did you notice those light trigger pulls when dry firing...firing live rounds...both? If it was live fire, did the rounds go off? I ask because I wonder if the gun was properly reset or the trigger bar was not completely engaging the cocking cam.
    I'd also check the striker spring. I saw some inconsistent pulls in the used P380 I bought; turned out it had a broken striker spring.
    Regards,
    Greg
    hey stranger. Good to see you posting. Haven’t seen you around here lately and was wondering how you were.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    hey stranger. Good to see you posting. Haven’t seen you around here lately and was wondering how you were.
    Thank you! Alive and well...pray the same for you and yours.
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

My PM40 bought a few years back has a trigger pull of 6.6 lbs.

When i measured it the gun was fairly new with about 200 rnds through it.