Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop

Thread: Trees.....................................

Default Trees.....................................

Lots of trees down everywhere by me. I lost a few in the woods. Add them to the pile. One was about a 40 footer. Neighbors lost a few in the woods. Warmest temp in the state was 72 on Wednesday. It was about 67 degrees by me. The winds got up there. Up into the 60 mph's by me with a couple of 70's................Had to get out the snowblower for the first time due to 8 inches of snow, 2 days before the heat wave. It would have eventually melted but the wifey needed to go to work. 2 Eo tornados about 50 miles from me......................Now that the field is cut behind my property, the owls have been hanging around. The more the merrier.............keeps the vermin population down and the hooting on a still night echoing through the woods is a sound you never forget. The coyote population is growing strong. Many more than last year. I've yet to catch one on the camera, but I see their tracks all over. I'm waiting to maybe pop off a shot or two with my revolver. They had a couple dogs snatched up by coyotes this past week in a city close to my old homestead. Population of about 70,000 people and 2 separate instances of dogs getting killed in the middle of the city. One of the dogs was 15 and small so it probably didn't put up too much of a fight. I told my wifey it was the perfect place for them. They have a river going through town, they have lots of parks, people put their garbage out, they have gardens, and the city is predominately liberal. She asked me what that meant. I said that they have plenty of food, water, good places to sleep, and a city that sits around a complains about the coyote problem but does nothing about it.

We got 19 inches of snow here the other day then came 60 mile an hour winds. Almost all melted with 60 degrees Wednesday.
    No trees down but a Tornado about 50 miles south of here. 15 degrees today.......
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

We had a pretty good windstorm here on Wed with blowing snow. The snow wasn't too bad but the wind caused power outages all over the place. Of course, the only thing reported on the news was for down in the Colorado Springs area. Lots of trees down there and loss of power. I walked a little bit of the property and only found one tree down, a very important tree. I was a little aspen maybe five foot tall that has been dead for a few years and held the extension cord for use for the block heater on my truck.

Winds did get up in the surround area, gust wise, though it blew pretty hard throughout the day. The highest gust I saw on the news was 107 mph in Manitou Springs, with a few areas up in the lower 100's to boot. No sure how high it got here around the house but there were a few trees down on the roads out here. The landowners had them cut up and off the roads in short time, unlike down in the city. We lost power for half the day, but the wood stove was lit so we kept nice and toasty. Food prep was no problem, gas stove in the house and a cooler on the back deck worked out just fine. Already had a couple of 5 gal jugs of water left over from hunting, and the wife had about a dozen oxygen bottles in back up so no problems there.

I am still amazed at how many people up here are not ready for a simple loss of power, though. Hate to see what happens when we get snowed in for a week plus a loss of power. There will be folks who won't make it I'm afraid.

Sorry to hear about all of that fellas. I had to switch to shorts, flip flops and a t shirt this morning as it got too toasty for the pants and shoes. I do love to play in the snow when up North, but don’t think I’d want to spend an entire winter with it. Hope you guys have a great holiday season and a Merry Christmas though as I know it must be beautiful!