Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun   Xssights   Crimsontrace
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Frustrated P380 Owner

I had to open my big mouth. Now out of the blue my newer P380 has stopped locking back when empty. Kahr responded quickly with the RMA and a FedEx label, so back she goes. I also have a CW380 so I don't have to change carry habits while I'm waiting. Redundancy reduces frustration.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowBurn View Post
    They did that for me once. I bought that P380 used, no idea how old it was but I owned about 5 years before it started to fail and turned out to be the frame. I guess it was just fatigue. Anyway even though it was way out of any type of warranty they charged me nothing. I also had to go through, and pay an FFL since thats the part with the serial number. Ran great after that til it was stolen. I have a newer one now due to the crazy sale a few years ago.
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899

Thanks to all who contributed. Not as easy to do private transfers in California as compared to some places, but I met with a buyer today and had a smooth transaction. Really appreciate everyone's help, the P380 was unfortunately not for me this time around. Glock 42 will do for now until (hopefully) the California handgun roster is overturned and I can get perhaps an LCP or other alternative. Thanks again!

I had to open my big mouth. Now out of the blue my newer P380 has stopped locking back when empty. Kahr responded quickly with the RMA and a FedEx label, so back she goes. I also have a CW380 so I don't have to change carry habits while I'm waiting. Redundancy reduces frustration.
    How many rounds have you shot through the gun? Have you ever changed out the recoil spring? Positive you did not ride the slide on the last round, or limp wrist? Just asking.

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    How many rounds have you shot through the gun? Have you ever changed out the recoil spring? Positive you did not ride the slide on the last round, or limp wrist? Just asking.
    I don’t keep good track of rounds but probably right around a thousand. That’s a good point about the recoil springs now that I think about it. Might be a little early to change them, but worth trying.

As for the grip issues, I admit they can happen, especially since Covid and the 380 shortage have slowed regular range trips until recently. But I’m not having a problem with my CW380 so I’m reasonably sure that’s not it.
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899

I don’t keep good track of rounds but probably right around a thousand. That’s a good point about the recoil springs now that I think about it. Might be a little early to change them, but worth trying.

As for the grip issues, I admit they can happen, especially since Covid and the 380 shortage have slowed regular range trips until recently. But I’m not having a problem with my CW380 so I’m reasonably sure that’s not it.
    Thanks for the reply. I have been shooting the pocket for years. LCP's, Kahr, Pico's etc. The one thing I have learned is to change out the Recoil spring much more often than regular size guns. And very seldom go past 6-700 rds. The gun not cycling is a big sign that they need to be replaced expecially on the last round. I know this sounds like too early to change, but I swear by it. The gun last longer as well. As soon as I purchase a 380 or small 9, I buy extra recoil springs. When I use to own LCP's (I owed Many) I would change them out at 500 rds. Even then I had many that had to be replaced because of he cheap build quality. Cracks etc.

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I have been shooting the pocket for years. LCP's, Kahr, Pico's etc. The one thing I have learned is to change out the Recoil spring much more often than regular size guns. And very seldom go past 6-700 rds. The gun not cycling is a big sign that they need to be replaced expecially on the last round. I know this sounds like too early to change, but I swear by it. The gun last longer as well. As soon as I purchase a 380 or small 9, I buy extra recoil springs. When I use to own LCP's (I owed Many) I would change them out at 500 rds. Even then I had many that had to be replaced because of he cheap build quality. Cracks etc.
    I'm sure you're right. Subconsciously maybe I was overlooking that possibility because it's such a pain to install those springs when brand new. I just tried to order a set but at both Kahr and Midway the inner springs are available but the outer springs are out of stock. Strange. I'll try again in a week or so.
    Rest in peace Muggsy

Might try Wolff as they probably made the springs and perhaps order the whole assembly, don't have to fight installation.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

You could try Galloway or MGW. I don't think you can get them from Wolff direct.

How about trying the CW springs in the P?

Thanks all. I left a request on the website, and Kahr notified me the outer spring is now back in stock, so the springs are on order.
    Rest in peace Muggsy