Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Frustrated P380 Owner

I cant add anything that the good members of this forum haven't already said...but, as another member eluded to; sometimes you just get that 1 in 1,000. You've done your due diligence, now its time for them to (continue to) step up and get'r done. They monitor forums and any manufacturer worthy of repeat business knows that good customer service pays off in spades down the road. I've had nothing but 5 star happiness with my P380 as well as my PM9. I've had problems with other very good quality firearms and as long as they stand behind their product, they have a customer for many years, period. They burn me, adios perras. I wont drink manufacturers Cool-Aide when it comes to something as important as my side arm. Hope they resolve this for you. I personally think there are very few pocket 380's that compare, never mind the ones that are CA approved. Good luck.
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli." Clemenza, The Godfather
    "I like a man who grins when he fights" Winston Churchill

Good to hear from you Medezyner, you've been neglecting us here on the oasis. I still have a sticky note from you hanging on my safe, been there a few years I'm thinkin.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

For those who are still interested, the gun finally came back yesterday after several months. I do not have it yet, it is with my FFL. Kahr ended up replacing the frame of the gun (though not the slide). They put 10 mags of ammo through it with apparently no issues after that. There is a part of me that wants to hope that it will be right this time, permanently, but I'm not sure that I'll ever be able to trust my life with it after all this. We will see once I get it back I guess.

I am. Hopefully when you get it to the range you'll be well satisfied. They are great little shooters when they're running right.

Quote Originally Posted by fortheone589 View Post
    For those who are still interested, the gun finally came back yesterday after several months. I do not have it yet, it is with my FFL. Kahr ended up replacing the frame of the gun (though not the slide). They put 10 mags of ammo through it with apparently no issues after that. There is a part of me that wants to hope that it will be right this time, permanently, but I'm not sure that I'll ever be able to trust my life with it after all this. We will see once I get it back I guess.

This is interesting post. The fact that they had to replace the frame/Grip. This was one of the main issues with the LCP's. They all crack eventually. The Kahr is a better build with the Steel inserts at the stress points and this is the first time I heard of one needing to be replaced. It is one of the things I first liked about the Beretta Pico. The modular design that made it easy to replace the grip if it were to fail.
    I am OCD about my carry guns and also like to buy two. Typically one for range and one for carry. I was fortunate to buy the P380 on sale as mentioned in a previous Post for $305.00. (benefit lifetime warranty).
    I also have two CM9's. If a sale come's down my way on a P series, I might step up to the plate and get one. However with the ammo shortage now, I do not see that happening and I believe my Two CM's to have a lot of life in them.
    The good thing with the Ruger's is the fact that they have such excellent customer service. They repaired a number of mine, and replaced with a new gun on two occasions. Finally they gave a slight insinuation that they thought I was using Plus P ammo or "Hot" ammo. I told them, no, just shooting them often. They basically said in subtle tone that they would not continue to replace them. At that Point was when I stopped shooting them and still own the one I have today.
    Glad to see Kahr take care of you. The Kahr 380 is such a lovely shooter.

Kahr Steel rail and inserts

Typical frame/Grip crack on LCP

I don't know about you but I never put my trust in hope. It's why I don't own one..........................

If they shot 10 mags through the gun, it will shoot just fine. I have both the CW380 and P380 with more than few thousand rounds through the CW and about 400 rds through the P380 and they run great. And they are very Popular with the 380 club I belong to and the dedicated owners love them. You will be shooting fine once it is back and it will be a gun you will not want to part with. Personally I think the biggest cause of failures in these small gun is limp wresting. Seen it so many times. The Kahr is a very well made, quality firearm. One of the best out there. I certainly trust them with my life.

This P380 ran perfect on the first day out with just doing the break in at home. 200 rds.

They did that for me once. I bought that P380 used, no idea how old it was but I owned about 5 years before it started to fail and turned out to be the frame. I guess it was just fatigue. Anyway even though it was way out of any type of warranty they charged me nothing. I also had to go through, and pay an FFL since thats the part with the serial number. Ran great after that til it was stolen. I have a newer one now due to the crazy sale a few years ago.
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899

Greetings, new member here and I have to know how this ends...

Is it me or does it seem that firearms manufacturers will do anything NOT to simple give you a different gun when you have a lemon and they can't fix it?

Dollars. And also the paperwork that needs to be filled out to show where their new Serial Numbered gun went. More cost efficient in the vast majority of cases to repair the old one where possible.