Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new   Xssights

Thread: Old Model 51 Remington .380

Default Old Model 51 Remington .380

Inherited this pistol that belonged to my wife’s grandfather (a prominent builder in Taylor, Texas) who carried it almost daily starting 100 years ago. He passed away in 1962. It still has the original box with papers & cleaning tool, but the box has completely fallen into pieces.
    It has only one original magazine, so in March of last year I ordered two repro mags from Triple K in San Diego. They advised me it would be on back order for 6 months.
    Lo & behold, their supplier finally came through and they arrived today! Can’t wait to try them out. The followers do have a different contour, so we’ll see if that affects feeding. They insert in the magwell a bit stiffly, but that should smooth out with use & cleaning.
    (original magazine on the left in top photo)

Does anyone know who could put the box back together & restore it properly?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

The new followers are flat..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Dang it Army, you have the coolest toys and neatest inheritances. How sweet she is.

What is the box made of? Maybe wood back in the day?

You can sure see the quality difference between the old days original and the repro's. And with the technology we have now days. Kind of sad but I hope they work like eggs through a hen for ya. Cool toy to play with.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."