Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: Does this Mag Well look uneven to you? Kahr p45

Default Does this Mag Well look uneven to you? Kahr p45

Hi, I'm having trouble getting my mags to fully seat in my p45. I am sanding down the base plates a little at a time to fit it better. I noticed that on the frame my magwell looks a little bit uneven. See the arrow in the pic below. Is this because of the Kahr offset barrel design? Does it need to go back to the mother ship?

Looks odd not like any of mine. Send it back for a frame swap.

Looks fine on the inside where it matters. Appears it just got stroked a bit much cleaning up the frame. Cosmetic only I'd say. I'd probably file the other side to match if it were mine.
    But you can certainly send that photo to Kahr CS and see what they have to say.
    A new frame would require another transfer since it's the serialized part but if it's wrong that's the thing to do I reckon.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    But you can certainly send that photo to Kahr CS and see what they have to say.
    Hi Bawanna, this is a lightly used gun. Would it be ok to sand the magwell down a bit to fit the 2 6 round factory mags? Here is what the Kahr tech support folks told me:

"I have 3 Kahr guns, and is the frame is the same as yours in the picture this is the way they are designed. if sanding the base plate down dose not work, i would recommend sending the gun into us for repair. I included the links that need to be filled out to send the gun in. Warranty Registration"

I would sand on the baseplate first. That should get it. A very minimal cleaning up on the bottom of the mag well shouldn't hurt but go easy.
    Both magazines act the same? Might want to pull the mag release and make sure there's not burr or defect messing with ya there. I'm not totally on board with messing with the catch notch on the mag, especially if both mags act the same.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I answered your other post in Kahr tech. But sanding the bottom of the mag well shouldn't harm the function of the gun. I would want to try another mag or another mag base first though. You might try a 1911 mag - so I've read. At any rate - if you sand on the mag well, be careful not to remove enough that you might get pinched while seating a mag.