CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does Mag Well look off center to you? My Kahr p45

Default Does Mag Well look off center to you? My Kahr p45

Hi, I'm having trouble getting my mags to fully seat in my p45. I am sanding down the base plates a little at a time to fit it better. I noticed that on the frame my magwell looks a little bit uneven. See the arrow in the pic below. Is this because of the Kahr offset barrel design? Does it need to go back to the mother ship?

My Kahrs do not have grips panels that are beveled from the outside in like yours appear to be. And the magwells are centered in the grip of the gun. Assuming your camera angle is not in play here I would say it looks wonky. If you have a set of calipers try measuring the distance between the inside of the magwell to the outside of the grip panels as far up as you need to in order to get past that bevel that does not look factory.

The frame next to the arrow appears to be mis-molded. Contact Kahr and send it back. If purchased from a local gun store I’d start there. My first pm45 went back three times. Third trip came back with a new frame. Solved the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by DJK11 View Post
    The frame next to the arrow appears to be mis-molded. Contact Kahr and send it back. If purchased from a local gun store I’d start there. My first pm45 went back three times. Third trip came back with a new frame. Solved the problem.
    I just received this response from the the Kahr tech support folks:

"I have 3 Kahr guns, and is the frame is the same as yours in the picture this is the way they are designed. if sanding the base plate down dose not work, i would recommend sending the gun into us for repair. I included the links that need to be filled out to send the gun in. Warranty Registration"

Could you show us a side view of the right side of the gun?

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post
    Could you show us a side view of the right side of the gun?
    Here's the pic (with Talon Grip tape)

Here is the pic you requested:
    Last edited by dubious_79; 01-05-2022 at 07:22 AM.

So I'm guessing here that someone shaved some of the grip sides off down near the opening to the magwell. And didn't do it evenly. I don't have a P45 but I do have a PM45 and neither it or one of my other Kahrs are beveled like that.
    Also, if you look at the front of the magwell where there is no material missing from the grip panels, they appear to be the same width/thickness. In the first picture you posted.

Not OEM texture on that grip. Is that tape or a stipple job? Pictures are not always as they first appear, especially on the web.

Quote Originally Posted by DJK11 View Post
    Not OEM texture on that grip. Is that tape or a stipple job? Pictures are not always as they first appear, especially on the web.

That is Talon grip tape... I should have mentioned that.

OK, and what about the beveling of the outside of the magwell. Is it post-factory as it appears? Because from all appearances it is only that beveling that makes the magwell appear to be off center.