CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this right? From new owner

Default Is this right? From new owner

I think I might know why my new to me pm40 was so inexpensive...

The front plastic guides(?) on the frame seem really worn, possibly broken.

Looking at the frame from the top, theirs a distinct hour glass shape to it.

Finally, the hole for the barrel in the slide is oval, and the barrel sits at the bottom.

The photos make things look worse than they are. I'm just trying to see if anything else is broken besides two magazine followers. Thanks in advance. The trigger feels great, and I look forward to shooting it when it's ready.

I'm trying to attach pics with Flickr, not showing up on the preview. I'll address tonight.
    Last edited by Mk2dave; 01-05-2022 at 06:54 PM. Reason: pics

The hour glass configuration of the frame is completely normal. Can't address the front plastic guides really without seeing it but they are just a guide to the metal guides up front, so I suspect they aren't an issue either.
    The broken magazine guides are also somewhat normal or were for quite awhile. I think Kahr has since addressed that issue. You might have to remove a bit from the barrel feed ramp.
    Many have also gotten Lakeline mag followers which help feeding and help with the breakage as well.

Welcome to our oasis, glad you found us.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Hour glass shape:

Barrel pic:

Quote Originally Posted by Mk2dave View Post
    I think I might know why my new to me pm40 was so inexpensive...

The front plastic guides(?) on the frame seem really worn, possibly broken.

Looking at the frame from the top, theirs a distinct hour glass shape to it.

Finally, the hole for the barrel in the slide is oval, and the barrel sits at the bottom.

Everything is more apparent in person. I'm just trying to see if anything else is broken besides two magazine followers. Thanks in advance. The trigger feels great, and I look forward to shooting it when it's ready.

I'm trying to attach pics with Flickr, not showing up on the preview. I'll address tonight.
    welcome Dave. The front plastic rails are just mostly for installation of the slide. The slide rides the 2 front dust cover rails and the 2 small metal guides at the rear of the frame. The appearance of an hour glass shape and hole for the barrel are about normal. The one thing you do have is the mag follower issues which does happen at times. You’ll probably be good to go with some new followers. Hope that helps.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

It does look like she’s had a few rounds through her. But, if you got a good deal I’d go ahead lube her up and shoot it like you stole it! Yes, taking pics up close with the flash on can really make things stand out that the naked eye would not pick up on. Welcome to the forum!

Gosh, you guys are quick! Thanks for the feedback and information.

This thing is going to be a revelation compared to my HK USPC.

Anything else I should be conscience of? I cleaner her and lubed up generously. Mag springs were installed correctly - checking that is how I found the busted followers.

Looking at the wear, I hope that indicates she is a runner. Feed ramp needs a polish.

I have some more lurking to do around the site. I've seen the lube guide. More importantly, I FOLLOWED the lube guide!

Thanks for the warm welcome, gents!

Quote Originally Posted by Mk2dave View Post
    Gosh, you guys are quick! Thanks for the feedback and information.
    This is not a “busy” forum, but I’ve found it to be looked at regularly by a few folks that are what I’d consider to be good natured and caring. That’s why I stuck around. There are a few here that are technical gurus who love to help when they can. I’ve certainly been helped here and have learned a lot. I’ve gone through A LOT of pistols (including various Kahr’s) in my quest to find what fits best for me and (thanks to the aforementioned help and knowledge gained) don’t think I’ll go to the grave without a Kahr in my carry rotation. Glad you found us and I hope your Kahr ends up being one you love, or at least a springboard to the Kahr that is just right for you!

If memory serves it was the CM9's that were breaking followers. Also, the newer Kahr mags have a metal insert in the follower that prevents this. If you call Kahr they just might send you out some gratis.

Welcome to the Board!

Quote Originally Posted by BirdsThaWord View Post
    This is not a “busy” forum, but I’ve found it to be looked at regularly by a few folks that are what I’d consider to be good natured and caring. That’s why I stuck around. There are a few here that are technical gurus who love to help when they can. I’ve certainly been helped here and have learned a lot. I’ve gone through A LOT of pistols (including various Kahr’s) in my quest to find what fits best for me and (thanks to the aforementioned help and knowledge gained) don’t think I’ll go to the grave without a Kahr in my carry rotation. Glad you found us and I hope your Kahr ends up being one you love, or at least a springboard to the Kahr that is just right for you!
    I feel like I'm well on my way. I'm curious to see how I like the .40 in such a small package, but time will tell.

Holsters. What do people do for holsters for the .40? I'm leaning towards a Hiddenholster, but there aren't a lot of options. I know Crossbreed makes one, but that doesn't tickle my fancy. Vedder makes one for the 9, but they seem skeptical that retention will be solid in the .40. I prefer Kydex or hybrid IWB at 4 oclock

A PM40 or CM40 was my first Kahr (forget if it was a P or a C model)I carried it for a while before shooting it. Once I did shoot it, I could not get rid of it quick enough. It was too much for me. But, I am not you, so that may mean nothing. As far as holsters go, I’m kind of the wierdo on this site. I run a slide clip on my CW9. Have never had anything near a negligent discharge and doubt I will as I’m careful how I handle it and have practiced a ton (laser trainer) on drawing and reholstering. Thats just me though. I also don’t wear masks when I go out in public either, but to each his own. I’m sure somebody will chime in with some holster recommendations for you. The little 40 I had had a little leather pocket holster that made it look like a cell phone in the pocket. It had a leather flap on the inner side so that as you stuck your hand down into your pocket it guided your hand behind the grip. Had an embossed eagle logo on it. Thats about all I can remember, which is probably not very useful. Good luck finding the perfect holster though!