Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is this right? From new owner

The magazine issue is how I found this forum…..My CW40 would drop the magazine almost every time it was fired…..I found out from the nice folks here this was a common issue and Kahr had an improved mag catch spring assembly which they sent me for free and folks here talked me through changing it out which really wasn’t that hard and it fixed the mag drop problem…..
    Last edited by getsome; 01-07-2022 at 04:58 PM.

Have a blast shooting it. If it was mine, but it’s not, I wouldn’t be concerned with the plastic rails but the frame in front of and below the front edge of the rails would concern me for sure.
    My two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by DJK11 View Post
    Have a blast shooting it. If it was mine, but it’s not, I wouldn’t be concerned with the plastic rails but the frame in front of and below the front edge of the rails would concern me for sure.
    My two cents.
    I'm not sure where you are referring to exactly, but when trying to figure it out I found this:

At some angles it looks machined, but at others it doesnt look machined. Anyone else have this?

Obviously, I'm not real familiar with these. As a school trained armorer (USMC), I know enough to know that someone else should take a look.

There is a rather deep scoring right below the left frame rail in that dust cover, as well as right in front of it. I think that's what DJK is referring to. It does not look normal.

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post
    There is a rather deep scoring right below the left frame rail in that dust cover, as well as right in front of it. I think that's what DJK is referring to. It does not look normal.
    I'm tracking now. It looks worse in the pics, but another reason to be checked out.

The rails look a little rough but if you take a piece of 3M black 1500 grit paper wrapped around a pop-cycle stick you can smooth out any imperfections and make them shine like new…..Don’t worry about the little half moon cut on the left rail, that is supposed to be there…..Slick it up, lube it up and go shoot it…….

The little half moon is a witness mark for applying the polymer to the metal framework. All good.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Okay one last try. It doesn’t look worse than it is . We zoom in to actually see how it is. Anyway attached are two pictures with the area I’m referring circled. One of them is your pistol the other is my pm45 with more than 7k down the pipe. This is the current version with the tapered muzzle not the frame that Kahr machined. The frame damage with yours is obvious. At lease to me.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DJK11; 01-08-2022 at 07:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DJK11 View Post
    Okay one last try. It doesn’t look worse than it is . We zoom in to actually see how it is. Anyway attached are two pictures with the area I’m referring circled. One of them is your pistol the other is my pm45 with more than 7k down the pipe. This is the current version with the tapered muzzle not the frame that Kahr machined. The frame damage with yours is obvious. At lease to me.
    I agree with you. That's why I'm sending it to Kahr so they can take check it out. I already have an RMA. That whole area is a mess. My concern about it is why I started this thread.

I am going to put a few mags through it to see what she feels like to start, but then it's a cleaning and off to factory.

Good news! I put maybe 50 rounds through it, and everything worked really well. 1 failure to feed, seemingly due to a bad follower. The recoil isn't near what I expected. As a service pistol, I'd be less pleased. But as a carry pistol, no issues. I will say, though, the action of the slide doesn't feel smooth. I feels like it still needs to be broken in, which doesn't appear to be the case. So while it feels good now, I'm sending it off to Kahr and have her checked out.

Looks like turn around is 4-5 weeks. I'll update as appropriate.