Xssights   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Is this right? From new owner

I don't know about you, but if my carry firearm didn't function just as well as a service firearm, I wouldn't carry it.........just me.

One FTF out of fifty is one to many for a carry piece. Any carry is a service pistol. I get a laugh when some say just shoot it till it breaks. Well when will it break? Maybe when you need it most. I again could tell the story of the broken trigger bar on my pm9, but it’s been told a couple times. Old news.

Time to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    I don't know about you, but if my carry firearm didn't function just as well as a service firearm, I wouldn't carry it.........just me.
    My comment regarding the service pistol was in relation to recoil, not function. The FTF due to the follower is an easy fix that I'm not going to address until it comes back from kahr. Getting this thing up to standard is a process. I just said I was sending it away, so obviously I'm not considering it ready to carry.

On another note, I consider service and carry pistols very different. Both should be dead reliable, but generally a service style pistol found in the military and law enforcement are full size, heavier, hi cap mags, and generally aren't concerned with concealment. None of these attributes relate to the PM series. Therefore, they shoot different. And while the Kahr's recoil is sharp, it is commensurate with a small carry pistol.

Received a call from Kahr yesterday. The wear that was evidenced on the poly rails was cleaned up, mag release switched to the metal one, and a side panel on the frame was replaced with a new design. They determined that the wear on the poly rails was not a case for concern. The gentleman on the phone actually said I could take a knife to those rails and cut them off, and it would not affect the operation. I wont take him up on that that, but that's what he said.

I'm curious to see what everything looks like when I receive back next week. The cost was reasonable, service was quick, and communication was strong.