Xssights   Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: First Cars??....................

Nothing special, just my dad’s hand-me-fowns. Boring Fords and ‘70s/‘80s Buick sedans.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, CZ75

First car driven was my grandpa’s 1948 Olds 88 Straight Eight with Hydramatic transmission when I was 10 (can’t say “tranny” anymore).

First car owned (in college) was a 1960 MGA roadster that looked like this one. Nice chick magnet, but not very practical when one actually got in it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

First car the wife & I bought together was this new 1967 Chevy Malibu coupe. Paid $2,685 for it. Second best car I ever had.
    -Rudyard Kipling

First vehicle I ever drove was our neighbor's mid-70's Chevy C10 while working on their farm when I was around 15. Damn near rolled the truck within the first 100 yards. Luckily I didn't. First owned was a '76 Camaro that taught me how to work on vehicles as I was too poor to bring it to a shop. Loved the 4 speed manual tranny but EPA regulations didn't do much for power. Ended up changing out the clutch 7 times before I figured out it had the wrong clutch fork in it. Got to where I could change out the clutch, in a parking lot, in under 2 hours by myself.

Wow that brings back a memory or two…..In 76 when just married, my wife’s car was a 66 Chevy II Nova 2 door 6 cylinder 3 on the tree her aunt had given her when she graduated high school in 72……..In 77 I bought a new Silverado pickup and let her drive it to work and I took the Nova and we had a love/hate relationship for several years and many miles but I learned how to pull and rebuild a Chevy 6 cylinder motor and later learned that you can actually replace a clutch and pressure plate by yourself in the winter, on your back in the street and make it work again….I tell my kids I graduated from FIT-DIT university which means, Fix it Tonight - Drive it Tomorrow……Years later for some stupid reason I sold that rust free Nova for $1500 dollars because we were moving back to Atlanta and needed the money and kick myself all the time for letting it go………

First car driven: My uncles 1948 3/4 ton GMC truck, straight six, 3 on the tree, geared very low, top speed was about 60.
    First car owned: 1967 F-100, 390 4-V, 3 on the tree, gas hog. Later swapped out the 390 for a 302.
    Favorite car owned: 1966 Mustang 6 cylinder 3 in the floor. Fun to drive. The wiper lever/switch near the dimmer switch was awesome.

Never owned a hotrod, got into motorcycles, and spent all my money on them.
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by kenemoore View Post
    Never owned a hotrod, got into motorcycles, and spent all my money on them.
    And you’re still alive!
    You must have been a pretty good donorcyclist.
    -Rudyard Kipling

Pics of all buried somewhere in the house
    First car, 50' Chev $125 followed by
    52' Chev $150
    55' Olds
    First NEW car following my marriage in 1967
    1967 Camaro RS followed three years later,
    1970 Buick GS350 four speed.
    Those were great years.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Quote Originally Posted by 340pd View Post
    Pics of all buried somewhere in the house
    First car, 50' Chev $125 followed by
    52' Chev $150
    55' Olds
    First NEW car following my marriage in 1967
    1967 Camaro RS followed three years later,
    1970 Buick GS350 four speed.
    Those were great years.
    My Dad's daily driver was a '50 chevy. had no rear floor mats, and there was a quarter-sized hole in the floor, so we kids took turns riding along with our eye pressed to the hole to watch the road go by. Never gave a thought to what might happen if debris flicked up . . .

74 years ago - Camp Hood (now Fort Hood), Texas.
    Dad was CO of the 42nd Armored Battalion, 2nd Armored Division.

My family standing in front of Dad’s 1941 Buick. I’m the little shaver.
    Our quarters were the first floor to the left - no insulation, no A/C of course.
    Good times, good memories.
    -Rudyard Kipling