Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Shot Show?

Yes, on the one hand, if it ain't broke don't fix it. But on the other, if you don't react to the competition you risk losing market share.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

There is no doubt Kahr has lost a lot of market share. Just look at the number of companies in the market space that Kahr once had mostly to themselves and you can see that they will now face an uphill battle to get some of it back.

I’d like to see Kahr’s production numbers and percentages of market share over the past 10 or 15 years.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post
    There is no doubt Kahr has lost a lot of market share. Just look at the number of companies in the market space that Kahr once had mostly to themselves and you can see that they will now face an uphill battle to get some of it back.

If you look at it that way, I would say every manufacture has lost market share. So many double stacks coming out is boring. How does anyone know what the market share really is? My God, if you want a double stack get one. There are so freaking many to choose from. They just announced a new one last week. Can't even remember what it is. Smith just announced a new one on top of the new one they recently put out. Who is the market now? A billion Newbies buying up anything and listening to the internet? Seems like it.
    Kahr has a great Product. Obviously they know it and they are not jumping into a fire pit full of new Double stacks. Fads come and go. Look at the PM9. A proven winner. And still the best quality at only 15.8 oz. And a solid product stays around. Let Kahr sit back and laugh at the frenzy going on. It is such a mess. Get a double stack now and guess what? Put out more money for magazines and more magazines, holsters and buy into the new optics (which by the way cost a bundle) and on and on and on. Just a waste of money.
    Heck, it has gotten so insane. To be honest if the God Gods came down and said all I would carry would be a 5 shot Snubbie, it would not bother me one bit.
    Last edited by King Rat; 01-11-2022 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    If you look at it that way, I would say every manufacture has lost market share. So many double stacks coming out is boring. How does anyone know what the market share really is? My God, if you want a double stack get one. There are so freaking many to choose from. They just announced a new one last week. Can't even remember what it is. Smith just announced a new one on top of the new one they recently put out. Who is the market now? A billion Newbies buying up anything and listening to the internet? Seems like it.
    Kahr has a great Product. Obviously they know it and they are not jumping into a fire pit full of new Double stacks. Fads come and go. Look at the PM9. A proven winner. And still the best quality at only 15.8 oz. And a solid product stays around. Let Kahr sit back and laugh at the frenzy going on. It is such a mess. Get a double stack now and guess what? Put out more money for magazines and more magazines, holsters and buy into the new optics (which by the way cost a bundle) and on and on and on. Just a waste of money.
    Heck, it has gotten so insane. To be honest if the God Gods came down and said all I would carry would be a 5 shot Snubbie, it would not bother me one bit. I bought the Kahr, found a perfect gpistol that I knew right away would last me a life time.And that is Preciously what it is doing now. I spend my money on just shooting it better. Which means money on ammo. Don't need no stinken Double Stack. Tired of the Double stack now? No problem, just wait a week and get the new one that is sure to come out.
    Wow OK, I understand how you could feel that way, most double stack "compacts" feel fat to me.
    I suggest you find a Ruger Max-9 and rap your hands around it and compare it to your Kahr.

Ruger® MAX-9™ Centerfire Pistol Models (that's a link)
    Not really a double stack, more of a staggered stack, with a grip about the same width as a Kahr, with 12+1 capacity, find one and check it out.

As to being a waste of money, it would still have value if you decided you didn't like it, and the ammo that you would shoot thru it would be the same cost in either gun.
    Besides that, who doesn't have a drawer full of what they thought would have been the "perfect" holster.

For me, the Kahr's almost "Double Action Only" longer trigger travel as a safety factor, is what keeps me from switching, as I don't like guns with a manual thumb safety or a split trigger marketed as a safety.
    Like you, I would just switch back to a revolver for carry or another DAO pistol.

I've been carrying/shooting a CW9 for a while, and it has a few short comings that I work around but would like Kahr to redesign those short comings out of that gun or market a new gun without them.

Just me though,

I apologize if my post contains the same or similar information as someone who has posted before me.

Wish List: K45
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    Heck, it has gotten so insane. To be honest if the God Gods came down and said all I would carry would be a 5 shot Snubbie, it would not bother me one bit.

My first thought? "Wow, KingRat is really passionate about this."
    My second thought? "I can't disagree with anything KingRat typed."

-wlf

Quote Originally Posted by kenemoore View Post
    Wish List: K45
    What he said. +1 +1 +1

But, am I crazy for wanting (even more than a K45) a MK45?

I thought about it. I don't think I'm crazy. I'd like a seat on the MK45 bandwagon, please.
    Like the PM45 has a longer grip than the PM9, so would the MK45. But, just not as long as the K45. 5+1 rounds of 45ACP, with the buttery smooth Kahr trigger, and the solid build of the stainless steel MK frame, with the ability to extend the grip (if one felt the need) using a magazine extension?

Count me in.

-wlf

The market for handguns has grown tremendously in recent years so market share is not a great indicator of whether or not Kahr is selling guns. They could be selling just as many guns as they did 10 years ago and their market share will have declined. My guess is that Kahr has captured none of the recent growth in the market.

IMO Kahr has all but abandoned it’s double action striker fired pistol line.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

I don't carry a Kahr anymore and sold my MK9 because of the simple fact that I never had 100% total trust in the smaller models. Kept it beautifully maintained but still had a few issues. Liked it, just couldn't love it. That and the fact that if you have to clear a jam or misfeed quickly, good luck with arthritic fingers. The death grip needed to avoid malfunctions affects your shooting accuracy. I've never owned any other firearm that needed a death grip to operate properly. They are not female shooter friendly either which is becoming a larger segment in the shooting world. Too much to fight against when there are so many other choices.