Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Shot Show?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    The market for handguns has grown tremendously in recent years so market share is not a great indicator of whether or not Kahr is selling guns. They could be selling just as many guns as they did 10 years ago and their market share will have declined. My guess is that Kahr has captured none of the recent growth in the market.

IMO Kahr has all but abandoned it’s double action striker fired pistol line.
    I think you are correct.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

I read some stats once, can't remember where I found them, don't know if they're gospel.......................it said that Kahr sells about 60-65 thousand handguns in an average year. In 2019, Magnum Research sold about 7000 autos and 1300 revolvers. If this is true, it could be part of the reason why many people have never seen a Kahr product or even heard of them. Considering that in 2021, 10.3 million handguns were sold, you could see that Kahr is a very small player. Averaging between the 2 brands approx. 1500 firearms per state give or take? The owner must be happy with the way things are. He can shoot his own product. He wins awards. Life seems good....................might be a bit of pride in his design also. Not going to change............

How many people now with the millions of dollars spent on ads of so many new guns actually understand what a great DAO or Striker Fired DAO is and the benefits? Kahr has a huge fan base of those that know Kahr. And one thing for sure the Kahr Trigger is notorious for being one of the best. Yet, the crazy marketing is now about the New Striker fired triggers that many IMO are out right dangerous. Light triggers, audible resets super short resets and on and on. Seems everyone want to be a Professional shooter and Practical EDC is not for them. You will hear a newbie say "Man, the Kahr is one lousy gun, it has a Looong trigger that is horrible". Lol, as soon as I hear this, I know right away this is a internet newbie that would not know a great DAO trigger if one hit him in the face.
    Think about what you fell in love with the first time you owned a Kahr. Well that love is still there. It has not changed. Kahr does not seem to want to change that wonderful Icon of a trigger that so many came to appreciate. And why should they. The trigger is a great trigger. Buttery smooth, deliberate and controlled all the way through. And again, that legendary small light weight, well machined Pistol that carries so well.
    I think if Kahr were to sell their soul at this point, then it would be the end of Kahr. Joining the internet masses would just make them like, well just like anyone else. Just another Double stack gun.

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    I read some stats once, can't remember where I found them, don't know if they're gospel.......................it said that Kahr sells about 60-65 thousand handguns in an average year. In 2019, Magnum Research sold about 7000 autos and 1300 revolvers. If this is true, it could be part of the reason why many people have never seen a Kahr product or even heard of them. Considering that in 2021, 10.3 million handguns were sold, you could see that Kahr is a very small player. Averaging between the 2 brands approx. 1500 firearms per state give or take? The owner must be happy with the way things are. He can shoot his own product. He wins awards. Life seems good....................might be a bit of pride in his design also. Not going to change............
    Not too bad for a family owned and operated company plus Justin doesn’t have to answer to anybody except the wife.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    Not too bad for a family owned and operated company plus Justin doesn’t have to answer to anybody except the wife.
    But what a wife!
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Need to keep in mind, and consider that those of us who know and admire Kahr for what they have always provided us are not the ones that will help Kahr, as it currently is, to grow market share, assuming that Justin wants to grow or even maintain that share which he still retains. Most of us are decades into this and we're unlikely to buy new examples of any of the Kahrs we already own. We don't wear them out and we're not likely to have two or three of each of the models we own. Kahr's future and the future of any company is always in future consumers. If a company cannot attract enough new consumers, whether it be for guns, motorcycles, skis, or widgets they will eventually wither and die as their existing user base ages. So, if Justin is happy selling the guns he does that is his perogative, so long as his company is privately owned. And I believe it is. Don't know what the future holds for them/him/it but I truly hope that he puts his creative mind to work and wows those of us who have long admired his products, and gives us something to be truly excited about. And soon. If not, I'll always be appreciative of what he's provided me and many like me, who buy guns primarily to protect ourselves and our loved ones.

Many good opinions and thoughts here……For me the PM9 is the VW Beatle of hand guns, it’s reliable, accurate, has a safe long trigger, light weight with good usable sights….….Since I pocket carry all these things are important to me for an EDC gun and I should be good with 7 rounds and a spare mag but if I need more then a full size M&P would be on my belt……..When the Sig 365 first hit the market a while back I was interested and gave one a look and I liked it until I dry fired it…..Way too light of a trigger for pocket carry but would be good for a target or range gun but I just don’t understand the industry’s move toward light, short take up triggers for normal average shooters to use as a carry pistol, not everyone is a professional……..I will keep my PM9 so long as they keep making parts for them and feel very well armed and safe carrying it because, well it just works and that’s good enough for me…..

Quote Originally Posted by getsome View Post
    Many good opinions and thoughts here……For me the PM9 is the VW Beatle of hand guns, it’s reliable, accurate, has a safe long trigger, light weight with good usable sights….….Since I pocket carry all these things are important to me for an EDC gun and I should be good with 7 rounds and a spare mag but if I need more then a full size M&P would be on my belt……..When the Sig 365 first hit the market a while back I was interested and gave one a look and I liked it until I dry fired it…..Way too light of a trigger for pocket carry but would be good for a target or range gun but I just don’t understand the industry’s move toward light, short take up triggers for normal average shooters to use as a carry pistol, not everyone is a professional……..I will keep my PM9 so long as they keep making parts for them and feel very well armed and safe carrying it because, well it just works and that’s good enough for me…..
    Do you use a holster in your pocket?

I regularly (mostly) pocket carry a P380 in a pocket holster. I can’t image carrying a pm9 I’m my pocket. My pockets aren’t that big. Not are my pants loose enough.

Hi lesptr, welcome to the forum……Yes I always use a holster to pocket carry, to do otherwise is unsafe……I have tried IWB carry and I just can’t do it but pocket carry seems to work well for me and I think it offers some advantages to other styles because I can pull my PM9 quickly and easily and in a parking lot or if something looks like trouble I always have my hand on the pistol but it looks like I just have my hands in my pocket to anyone else…..I wear Wrangler relaxed fit jeans and the pockets are plenty big enough to fit the pistol and allow an easy, quick draw…..As for a pocket holster I’ve tried so many I’ve lost count, some worked and some not at all but the best fit and performing is a Sticky MD-1 which is by far the best for me and how I like to carry and it is inexpensive but well made…..If you like to pocket carry your P380 they make a slightly smaller size so give them a look www.stickyholsters.com

Quote Originally Posted by getsome View Post
    Hi lesptr, welcome to the forum……Yes I always use a holster to pocket carry, to do otherwise is unsafe……I have tried IWB carry and I just can’t do it but pocket carry seems to work well for me and I think it offers some advantages to other styles because I can pull my PM9 quickly and easily and in a parking lot or if something looks like trouble I always have my hand on the pistol but it looks like I just have my hands in my pocket to anyone else…..I wear Wrangler relaxed fit jeans and the pockets are plenty big enough to fit the pistol and allow an easy, quick draw…..As for a pocket holster I’ve tried so many I’ve lost count, some worked and some not at all but the best fit and performing is a Sticky MD-1 which is by far the best for me and how I like to carry and it is inexpensive but well made…..If you like to pocket carry your P380 they make a slightly smaller size so give them a look www.stickyholsters.com
    Good info thanks.
    And also thanks for the welcome.
    I’ve been a member for almost 9 years.