CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Shot Show?

Wow,.......not even a single Kahr in the bunch. Being a 1911 guy I'm not in tears but seems like a few Kahrs would have been a nice thing.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

"Art Guns"

I do like the copper grips. No Kahrs to be seen, there.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, CZ75

Gaudy old school pistols and nothing new or innovative from Kahr.
    Another disappointing year.😨
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

17 ROUNDS......LOL

Sounds like someone needs range time. Perhaps AIMING might help. I guess the car jackers have never shot much and just fire wildly. I am okay with a single stack.
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post
    Gaudy old school pistols and nothing new or innovative from Kahr.
    Another disappointing year.
    No surprise.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Agree, no surprise. Why try and change something that ain't broken. Shotshow 2022 is boring with just about everything. The new striker fired guns coming on top of themselves has been getting old news and continues like old news. Just a sign that newer is not better. It seems like the other manufacturers do not even like their own models and constantly have to change them. In the meantime the Kahr just keeps on trucking and laughing at all the New internet fads that keep popping up. Maybe the other gun manufacturers will make a gun that does not have to be upgraded, changed, over and over. Buy one that is meant to last a Life time. That said, they appear to be making money off the Millions of newbie Shooters that want the latest and greatest.
    Ya got to love the Power of Marketing. The "My gun has one more bullet than yours, my reset is shorter than yours", my reset is louder than yours" and on and on. The year of the Internet guns.

Yup, marketing is everything. Lastest, bestest, goodest. My bestest has been around over a 100 years and needs no improvement. Only holds 8 rounds but it's a 45. How many does one really need ya know?
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Yup, marketing is everything. Lastest, bestest, goodest. My bestest has been around over a 100 years and needs no improvement. Only holds 8 rounds but it's a 45. How many does one really need ya know?

Lol, and you are right. I am set for all my carry guns. All of which will outlast me. I like to shoot often and although I do not need a carry gun, I am looking for something just for range fun. I have never owned a 1911. But have always had one in mind on my bucket list in 45 cal only. Thinking about a plain Jane reliable one. Rock Island Armory maybe? Not looking to spend a lot of money.

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    Agree, no surprise. Why try and change something that ain't broken. Shotshow 2022 is boring with just about everything. The new striker fired guns coming on top of themselves has been getting old news and continues like old news. Just a sign that newer is not better. It seems like the other manufacturers do not even like their own models and constantly have to change them. In the meantime the Kahr just keeps on trucking and laughing at all the New internet fads that keep popping up. Maybe the other gun manufacturers will make a gun that does not have to be upgraded, changed, over and over. Buy one that is meant to last a Life time. That said, they appear to be making money off the Millions of newbie Shooters that want the latest and greatest.
    Ya got to love the Power of Marketing. The "My gun has one more bullet than yours, my reset is shorter than yours", my reset is louder than yours" and on and on. The year of the Internet guns.
    I can relate to everything you said
    I do have some interest in a new gun in the market though.
    This gun is DAO, no safety so Kahr like, but is hammer fired and has 2nd strike capabilities, and holds 10+1 rounds (9mm).
    It's actually been on the market for a while and has a lot of u-tube reviews, mostly positive.
    CPX-2 | SCCY | A White Lion premium WordPress theme.
    I'm not a fan of finger grooves but have been looking for a gun to grip/handle.
    It has a serial numbered subframe that's removable from the grip frame that allows you change the frame/frame color. Frames are $39.
    Check them out and see a different gun (not striker fired) in competition with the sub-compact Kahrs we all love.
    Here's the reviews:
    Reviews of SCCY CPX-2 - YouTube
    I apologize if my post contains the same or similar information as someone who has posted before me.

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    Lol, and you are right. I am set for all my carry guns. All of which will outlast me. I like to shoot often and although I do not need a carry gun, I am looking for something just for range fun. I have never owned a 1911. But have always had one in mind on my bucket list in 45 cal only. Thinking about a plain Jane reliable one. Rock Island Armory maybe? Not looking to spend a lot of money.
    I have several 1911's, still would like a Rock Island sometime to play with. Look hard at the Magnum Research 1911's. I have 3 and they are incredibly accurate and need nothing right out of the box. Have 2 full size and one commander, would like to get the compact model too. Don't need it of course but just want it. Want is reason enough isn't it?
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan