Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 2022 Shot Show?

Want is of course reason enough. Just ask any one of us who contribute here

Tisas/SDS Imports is another lower priced 1911 that I've been eyeing of late. They're apparently a good bargain and have a lot of favorable reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilos View Post
    I can relate to everything you said
    I do have some interest in a new gun in the market though.
    This gun is DAO, no safety so Kahr like, but is hammer fired and has 2nd strike capabilities, and holds 10+1 rounds (9mm).
    It's actually been on the market for a while and has a lot of u-tube reviews, mostly positive.
    CPX-2 | SCCY | A White Lion premium WordPress theme.
    I'm not a fan of finger grooves but have been looking for a gun to grip/handle.
    It has a serial numbered subframe that's removable from the grip frame that allows you change the frame/frame color. Frames are $39.
    Check them out and see a different gun (not striker fired) in competition with the sub-compact Kahrs we all love.
    Here's the reviews:
    Reviews of SCCY CPX-2 - YouTube

I really do not know much about them other than they seem to get good reviews. I know my LGS sells the heck out of them. I really want to try and get a chance to shoot one of the new models. Just looked at a review and the owner shot some really nice groups. One thing I have learned about firearms. You really do not have to spend a lot of money on a good shooter. Thanks for posting. Once I get a chance to shoot a new model, i will report back. If my LGS has one for rental, I will rent one this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post
    Want is of course reason enough. Just ask any one of us who contribute here

Tisas/SDS Imports is another lower priced 1911 that I've been eyeing of late. They're apparently a good bargain and have a lot of favorable reviews.

Thanks, will start to do some research on them.

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    Lol, and you are right. I am set for all my carry guns. All of which will outlast me. I like to shoot often and although I do not need a carry gun, I am looking for something just for range fun. I have never owned a 1911. But have always had one in mind on my bucket list in 45 cal only. Thinking about a plain Jane reliable one. Rock Island Armory maybe? Not looking to spend a lot of money.
    I have a Rock Island 1911 in 10mm. Very nice shooter. It's their Rock Ultra model, so it's a bit more than a basic gun, but was still reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Yup, marketing is everything. Lastest, bestest, goodest. My bestest has been around over a 100 years and needs no improvement. Only holds 8 rounds but it's a 45. How many does one really need ya know?
    I had a “What if…” moment the other day while in my office. I decided the gun I’d want to grab is my Ruger P97. 8+1 rounds of .45. DA/SA, simple to use.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

I do feel bad for all those dumb newbies who’ve been buying Sig, Smith and Wesson, Ruger, Springfield and Taurus. Like the great unwashed, they’ve been led astray.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken L View Post
    I have a Rock Island 1911 in 10mm. Very nice shooter. It's their Rock Ultra model, so it's a bit more than a basic gun, but was still reasonable.

Thanks Ken. My Lgs seems to have a good amount of 1911's. Going to start checking them out.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    I do feel bad for all those dumb newbies who’ve been buying Sig, Smith and Wesson, Ruger, Springfield and Taurus. Like the great unwashed, they’ve been led astray.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101