Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Car year??????

Default Car year??????

If you could pick any year to buy any stock vehicle from, which year and which vehicle would you choose? I would choose 1970. A toss up between a Buick GS Stage 1 or a Pontiac GTO 400 cu.in. It's a tough choice because a 1966 Ford Fairlane GTX would be a choice for a year also....................................

Probably 1970 also, that was year BEFORE emissions rules really took effect. I would say maybe a 1970 GTX. In 1971 the Hemi's got crippled by smog rules.
    That was also the year MOPARS got the LEAN BURN computers. 71-74 gave severe headaches for drivability issues.
    Mid 60's through 1970 were the hey day of muscle cars. One fun car I had was a 1964 Chrysler 300K. It had a 413 Ramcharger engine; that car hauled a$$.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

'69 Javelin. Or '69 AMX. The Javelin if I could have it equipped the way I'd want it.

'68 Camaro. Always liked how that car hunkered in the parking lot.

The original Ford Bronco.
    Wouldn’t care if it’s a 60’s or 70’s Model

‘56 Chevy Bel Air ragtop -265 with 3 on the tree...
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post

Nice!

Personally, I have newer tastes. As long as we're special ordering, I have a '57 Bel Air, hardtop, stock 283 engine - mobi-matic transmission, with only options I want added being A/C and radio.

If we're talking pick-ups, make mine a '68 Chevy 3/4 ton, four on the floor (with granny gear), 327 engine and same options of A/C and radio

jd

It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post
    '69 Javelin. Or '69 AMX. The Javelin if I could have it equipped the way I'd want it.
    I purchased a new 1973 Gremlin right off the showroom floor. It had a 258 six banger with a 3 speed on the floor. I loved that car. It had some get up and go for a six. Handled well and had the most comfortable two tone bucket seats I've ever sat in. A friend of mine had a 1971 AMX. All black with a 401 cu.in. and the ground effects and spoiler in the back. We took a night cruise to Chicago and on the way back, I drove and he fell asleep. I pegged it on I-94 at 140 mph. and still had a little left.
    Last edited by berettabone; 01-09-2022 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post
    I loved the 56s. I have had 2 of them around the same time. One Ford and one Chevy. Bought them both around 1979 and they both had under 20k on them. The Ford had a 312 automatic, the Chevy had a 6 and 3 speed.
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

This is a hard one but if I could go back to 69-70 which were the muscle car magic years my absolute dream car would have to be a 69 Camaro SS/RS 396 4 speed but the best bang for the buck today would be a 69 Plymouth Superbird which they couldn’t give away back in the day and the last one ever made was on 12-15-69 a lime green bird with a 440 under the hood and is still around and last sold for over 150 grand…….There are so many but even though I’m a die hard Chevy guy with orange blood one of the coolest and most lusted after cars by every guy in high school was a beautiful black 69 Shelby GT 500 KR 428 four speed that Hubie Platt drove senior year……I’m not sure the car was really his because his dad was Hubert Platt who was a drag racer for the Ford Team back when Ford was big into drag racing and they probably gave it to Hubert who let Hubie drive it to school and show off but that was one more bad ass car even if it was a Furd…….If I could have just one dream movie car it would be that bad black 55 Chevy that Bob Falfa drove in American Graffiti……