Xssights   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stainless steel striker guide for S9 pistols?

Default Stainless steel striker guide for S9 pistols?

Can anyone recommend a SS striker guide for the S9? Galloway lists them for numerous other models but I'm not sure if those will work for the S9?

Thanks,
    Ralph

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph III View Post
    Can anyone recommend a SS striker guide for the S9? Galloway lists them for numerous other models but I'm not sure if those will work for the S9?

Thanks,
    Ralph
    Galloway's product will work in the S9.
    According to Kahr's website all models (except CM/CW/P380) use the same striker spring guide: https://shopkahrfirearmsgroup.com/pi...ide-023k9s.asp
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph III View Post

Thanks,
    Ralph
    I have the Galloway in my S9. Fits perfectly, functions flawlessly.

I've made several modifications to my CM9 and I'm not opposed to making more if there are REAL benefits to be had.
    Can someone tell me WHY I would want a SS striker guide ?
    What problem does it solve ?
    What enhanced performance does it deliver ?
    Thanks.

Does it help with precision shots or just more weight?
    Maybe polish a nail?

Thanks for the input guys.

Guido4198 and KJK11. In regards to any benefits. I don't know that there would truly be a verifiable benefit with the Kahr. However, I would consider it to be a vital component and plastic is more prone to wear and breakage whereas stainless will be more durable.

I have however read threads where some folks had issues with plastic striker guides with other firearms which caused malfunctions. Such as Springfield XDs and Glocks as well as Beretta Nano and APX. There are some that upgraded their SR9c to stainless for additional benefits as well.

The above may or may not be relevant to my Kahr firearm at all. However, because I use my pistol for ccw purposes I'd rather err on the side of caution. Maybe there is no benefit but again maybe there is a benefit. Given the cost is so negligible, with no apparent downside, I consider it worthy of consideration in this instance.

God Bless,
    Ralph

Thank you Ralph.

Yes Raulph lll thanks. The entire frame is plastic but that’s a bit difficult to upgrade to stainless. As for the striker spring guide, personally I would prefer plastic on metal not metal on metal in that situation.

I put the Galloway in my CW9 as well, for the same reasons Ralph mentioned. I have only put a few mags through it since, but many dry fires using a laser trainer. So far so good. I do feel netter carrying it with the Galloway piece in there though, again for the reason Ralph listed.

I had the surgeon use metal on plastic for my hip and knee. Just seems better than metal on metal. Not concerned with breakage from walking ten to twelve miles a day. But then my life may not depend on my hip and knee.

Forgot to mention, no grease fitting with metal on plastic. Would be a pain to give the hip and knee a squirt of Mobil 1 grease daily. To each their own.
    Last edited by DJK11; 02-03-2022 at 10:45 AM.