CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MK9 vs MK40

Default MK9 vs MK40

I'm considering buying a Kahr MK. However, I really can't decide if I should go with the 40 or the 9. Also, none of the LGS here have any and you can't really appreciate the difference by looking at the website. Does anyone have any photos showing the difference between the matte finish and the polished finish? Also, between the regular sights and the night sights?
    I also see that the 40 is about .04" thicker than the 9, is this noticeable?
    Also, someone on here posted that they has spoken to Kahr CS a couple years ago and confirmed that the .40S&W would be discontinued by Kahr. Is this true?

No idea about the status of the .40...

But I once had a P40 Covert (vintage, factory made) and it was SNAPPY to say the least; plus ammo cost more. So I went to a P9 Covert (also factory vintage) and I shot it much better.

I really think the recoil is something to consider, especially if you're a little shy of that.

Old No7
    "Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH

You won't notice the difference by looking, they are near identical.
    But as Old No 7 so eloquently stated, you'll sure notice it when you pull the trigger.
    I like the 40 round, it's good and often available when everything else gets scooped off the shelf, but not in a compact size gun.
    I have a K40 magna ported and it still has a ton of flip every shot.
    I'd get the 9. Actually I did.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I got the 9. It holds one more round over the 40. I assume it’s softer shooting.

You're not going to like shooting the .40. Get the night sight for the front for sure. The rear is your call, but not as important, IMO.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by FreeMe View Post
    You're not going to like shooting the .40. Get the night sight for the front for sure. The rear is your call, but not as important, IMO.
    That's not necessarily true. I have had eight Kahrs and currently have a PM9, CM45, CW45, and a MK40N. The MK40 is my favorite and most accurate, for me, of all. My CW40 was the second most accurate. It's the weight of the all steel MK40N- the PM9 has more felt recoil to me than the MK40, but the MK40 is 50% heavier.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Have you ever shot an MK9? It might be your favorite.

No, but I favor larger calibers. Out of fourteen pistols, I have one 9mm, PM9 pocket pistol, two 40's, and eleven 45's.

Quote Originally Posted by O'Dell View Post
    That's not necessarily true. I have had eight Kahrs and currently have a PM9, CM45, CW45, and a MK40N. The MK40 is my favorite and most accurate, for me, of all. My CW40 was the second most accurate. It's the weight of the all steel MK40N- the PM9 has more felt recoil to me than the MK40, but the MK40 is 50% heavier.
    I agree I shot the MK9 and MK40 and the MK40 is not hard to shoot or has that much recoil. I also agree with you that I shot lighter micro 9mms and polymer single stack 45 acps that had more flip. Some people see "40s&w" and then give a canned response.

O'Dell - you DO NOT get the big stuffed animal at the carnival - I still see some of the orange on the bullseye !!!! The shooting gallery was always one of my favorite games at the carnival - I don't think I ever once won - LOL