Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MK9 vs MK40

Renton, WA, (King County) 25 miles from Seattle

Quote Originally Posted by Scarpia View Post
    Well, that's that, eh? I buy both new and used. I don't recall having any regrets buying a used gun. My collection is probably half-half new and used. My next gun will be a MK40, hopefully in high polished SS (that I can afford).
    Correction: I stopped by one of my fav LGS's today and found a MK9 tagged at $650 with 6 and 7 round magazines in original box. I asked if that was the best they could do then they said $475. I jumped on it at $475. When the deal was done, and all paperwork completed, I asked why they discounted the price so deep? The owner said they were shutting down the business at the end of the year. How come? The owner said he was tired of dealing with the regulations and dealing with the feds, etc. I asked if he was going to sell the business and said that was possible, 'in the works'. He said he could discount some guns just to reduce inventory and the MK9 was one. I asked if he was going replenish guns as they were sold, he said 'I will replenish then ones I know I can sell' which I assume are Glocks. I really do like my PM9 and K9 Elite '98 so this MK9 will complete my Kahr 9mm collection.

Anyhow, I will take possession of the MK9 no later than 11/9. The law says that the county sheriff or local police jurisdiction must make a determination within 10 days and if they don't the gun is mine. I have taken possession within a week and up to 20 days. I live in the county, so the sheriff's department is my go-to agency.

So why did I opt for the MK9 and not the MK40? If they had a MK40 I would have gotten it; however, I do admit this was an impulse buy.

Our state is indeed a regulation nightmare and the 10 round magazine ban just made it even worse. I don't know what the shops did with all the guns that hold more than 10.
    Several shops up here in Snohomish County are closing up, one new one is opening up that I'm hoping will be a good one. They are hyping it up alot on the internet. Think they open in November.
    State law says 10 days or the shop can deliver, some shops are afraid to abide by that but that's the deal.
    The shops in my town loved me when I was working, I often got them results in hours or even minutes. I live in the county and they are much slower, in fact they have a reputation of waiting till the last day.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

It's only the mags that are limited. If the LGS has a gun with mags that hold more than that they can sell them to out of state buyers, or they can buy 10rd mags and sell the guns with those, and then sell the mags out of state, for example on Gunbroker. It's a stupid, stupid law that accomplishes nothing whatsoever in terms of protecting law abiding people from criminals.

Some guns they don't make 10 round mags for yet. I planned ahead for some guns I plan to hunt down when the piggy bank allows. Like the Springfield SA35 High Power clone. I have 6 mags but can't find a gun???? Maybe some day.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Some guns they don't make 10 round mags for yet. I planned ahead for some guns I plan to hunt down when the piggy bank allows. Like the Springfield SA35 High Power clone. I have 6 mags but can't find a gun???? Maybe some day.
    Yeah, me too. I bought magazine extenders so I could get more than 10 in the mag before buying the gun (Glock 27). These stupid laws are passed by stupid people. I guess having 10+1 can do less damage than 15+1 and that a 'win' in their way of thinking. Then there's the no limit on how many magazines you can carry. What am I missing?

Anyhow, I also deal with a kitchen table FFL so I can get new guns at a fair price through him. It's the used guns that are an issue with me. I did see another gun on display that I have always wanted and might yet go for it. That would be an alloy frame, compact 45ACP, like a Kimber 'Ultra' and others etc. They had several available. My major source of play money is trading stocks. If I score another quick $500 or so, I might grab one of these 45's.

Cool The Free Zone

Arizona still has no such restrictions and has deemed itself a 2nd amendment sanctuary state
    We will ignore any so called Federal Assault Weapon and/or high capacity mag ban
    Hk 13/15 round mags are recently on sale for P30SK/VP9SK guns @ $22 each.
    https://us.hkwebshop.com/hkstorefron...late/p/226345S
    Already had three, but bought three more just because I could - LOL!

Oh what thread drift on a very old thread - LOL!
    I've got a MK40 Elite that I love.
    It's soft shooting and very accurate for such a small gun.
    My particular weapon loves 180 gr subsonic ammo

MK9 or MK40? Either will serve you well.
    It's Personal Preference really...

Quote Originally Posted by Barth View Post
    Oh what thread drift on a very old thread - LOL!
    I've got a MK40 Elite that I love.
    It's soft shooting and very accurate for such a small gun.
    My particular weapon loves 180 gr subsonic ammo

MK9 or MK40? Either will serve you well.
    It's Personal Preference really...
    Got it...I also shoot 180 grain JHPs in 40 S&W, I consider loading the 40 at the low end of its range for any given powder as a 9mm magnum while loading it at the high end of the range as a 45ACP magnum with 185 grains JHPs. So, you might say the 40 S&W is a three-caliber gun. Anxious to get my MK9 and the search for a K40 is still out there. Stay tuned...

I carried an MK9 for almost nine years. You'll like it................ I also shoot 180 gr. in .40 cal, along with 165 gr. and 155 gr.

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    I carried an MK9 for almost nine years. You'll like it................ I also shoot 180 gr. in .40 cal, along with 165 gr. and 155 gr.
    I'm basically converting my primary carry guns from plastic to metal with capacity aside (aka: as an excuse to buy guns). The MK9 will be my metal equivalent to the Shield 9 and PM9 even though I have a K9 Elite '98. The K40/MK40 if I ever get one, will be the equivalent to the Shield 40, Springfield XD Mod 2 Compact and Glock 27. I have many carry guns but find myself grabbing the Shields or the Glock before others.

I also load 40's with 165 bullets but not so much with 155. I even have 200 grain JHP and round nose 40 S&W loads.