CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: New K9 coming- hopefully

Finally, 25 days after purchase the K9 arrived at my FFL. I gave it a quick once over at pick up and I'm happy to say that it appears that Kahr still builds a fine firearm. The fit and finish are well done. The serial number is a little over 1800 higher than my 2018 model. Be interesting to see yearly production numbers for the K9 or even just the total number produced.

Congratulations! I miss my K9 and hope to have another some day. They sure are nice looking lil guns!

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post
    Until Justin sees fit to make us all happy, this is my K45
    I’m wanting one of those, or similar (226, 229, etc) as I think one would look AWESOME polished. Yours looks SAS?

A double stack steel framed Kahr, a hammer fired Kahr, and Kahr K45 should have been manufactured years ago. They also should have offered the steel versions with and without a rail. They also should have offered an aluminum framed alternative. Lastly, they should have upgraded and made cosmetic changes to the look.

They have not innovated AT ALL. All they have have done is basically offered the same gun in different colors. They are the only major gun company that is offering basically the same exact product virtually unchanged for going on.two decades now. They use to be a popular company and a contender back in the day. Now they are slowly but surely being forgotten.

I don't see anything changing as long as Justin is still alive and kicking. I see sales and what they offer especially with regards to their steel framed line being discontinued.

Maybe they got it right in the first place and saw no need for improvement. A double stack or hammer fired gun would no longer be a Kahr. I don't think they ever intended to be all things to all people. They produce a small concealable defensive handgun. That's Kahr's thing.
    They have Magnum Research, Auto Ordnance, Thompson and probably others to address the more full size market.
    I do still desire a K45, that would be nice. An aluminum frame might be a good thing but in today's love affair of plastic and polymer it might not grab enough market to be worth the effort.
    Having a rail on a Kahr sized pistol don't make any sense in my personal opinion. My opinion only of course. Be like hanging a 12x scope on a LCP.

I'm don't consider myself a Kahr fanboy (whatever that is) but I like them just fine.

We do however care very much for Justin the head man (may he live forever) and are very protective of him, his family and his employee's. Your comment I do not consider derogatory but it's close to stepping on the line so please walk softly.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Having a rail on a Kahr sized pistol don't make any sense in my personal opinion. My opinion only of course. Be like hanging a 12x scope on a LCP.
    So I shouldn’t mill my LCP slide for a red dot?

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

If your hankering for a Red Dot on your LCP, fire up the milling machine. I got your back on this one.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    So I shouldn’t mill my LCP slide for a red dot?
    Not the same thing. An MRDS makes perfect sense on a sub-compact carry pistol. Lights, not so much. That is my one and only complaint of any substance about Kahr. They should be offering slides cut for low mount RDS. But...it is a minor complaint.

The K9 is still about perfect the way it is. And still, no one has matched the perfection of the Kahr Elite trigger IMO. There are smaller pistols that are lighter and hold more rounds than the K9, but I have yet to find its match in concealability, accuracy, shootability, reliability, and simplicity of operation. There's a lot to be said about not fixing what ain't broke, and so far as I can see, Kahr is still selling all they make.

Renton, WA, (King County) 25 miles from Seattle

Update: I admit to actually buying my first Glock. I got a G27, Gen3 (40 S&W) plus a 9mm conversion barrel. With magazine extensions, it is 10+1 in 40 and 12+1 in 9mm. I also admit having fun upgrading the trigger connector, recoil spring and slide release. The trigger pull is now 3.5-4lbs, sweet. I am so impressed with the slick trigger that I also upgraded my Ruger SR40 with a new connector. I did not realize that the Ruger SR series is a virtual copy of Glock's trigger group. The G27 has been my go-to EDC since I got it a few months ago but it has not replaced my other carry guns. In fact, today I plan on carrying the K9 and I continue to be trying to locate a K40 or MK40, stay tuned...

Anyhow, with 180 grain JHPs downloaded to the low end of the 40S&W range, the 180-grain round is what I consider the same as a 45 with a 185-grain bullet, OR as a "9mm magnum". So, my G27 is a 9mm, 40S&W and a faux 45ACP. What's not to like?

No resale values, lipstick on a pig and the darkness. Other than that, nothing.