Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New K9 coming- hopefully

Renton, WA, (King County) 25 miles from Seattle

Quote Originally Posted by Burnett View Post
    Scarpia, congratulations on your new K9! 51 guns and not a Glock in the bunch, that's funny!
    There isn't a Glock model that would give me anything that I don't already have in one of my guns in terms of performance, accuracy, design, safety, capacity, etc. Plus, I never liked the feel of a 2X4 on my hand.

Wisconsin is easy on purchase. You pick out your gun, they fax in the paperwork for the background check and in 15 to 30 minutes you leave with your gun. I was once delayed for almost an hour which can become a long time when standing around, but nothing compared to some other places. When I have a gun sent to my local gun guy he runs my paperwork before I arrive and there is no delay. Probably illegal, but we have done enough business that he makes it easy on me.

Quote Originally Posted by dustnchips View Post
    Wisconsin is easy on purchase. You pick out your gun, they fax in the paperwork for the background check and in 15 to 30 minutes you leave with your gun. I was once delayed for almost an hour which can become a long time when standing around, but nothing compared to some other places. When I have a gun sent to my local gun guy he runs my paperwork before I arrive and there is no delay. Probably illegal, but we have done enough business that he makes it easy on me.
    It’s usually that quick in the Gunshine State, but have had a few times where the bg check did not come back so quick. When that happens I get worried that I’ve been flagged due to my political leanings and online posts about such stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by dustnchips View Post
    It used to that simple here in Washington but the laws have changed plus so many new gun owners are flooding the system that is does sometimes take several days to get cleared. I know of folks who were totally against guns that are now buyers.

Congrats on the new K9, Scarpia! Please let us know if the quality, accuracy, etc are still up to standard. I have enough Kahrs to keep me happy right now, but ya never know.

Quote Originally Posted by FreeMe View Post
    Congrats on the new K9, Scarpia! Please let us know if the quality, accuracy, etc are still up to standard. I have enough Kahrs to keep me happy right now, but ya never know.
    I'm happy to report the standard for my Elite 98 is superb. I am truly amazed at the fit and finish of the gun. As a former engineering college adjunct professor, (math and physics), I give Justin Kahr A+ for his brilliant engineering. Well done...

I took the K9 to my club's range yesterday and blasted several rounds to get the feel of the K9. I used 115 grain JHPs (Hornady 115 XTP and RMR 115 MPR's ('multipurpose round')) all loaded with Power Pistol. It put all rounds on the paper at 10 yards, no issues in feeding, firing or ejecting. She's a winner. and will definitely be in the carry rotation.

Meanwhile, at the same session, I popped off a bunch of 200 grain round nose and 185 grain conical FMJ's with the CW45. They were loaded with my go-to 45 powder, Alliant Red Dot. The CW45 performed just like the K9, all rounds fed, fired and ejected as the paper was torn to shreds. I stated in one of my other postings, my preferred carry caliber is 45ACP. I sure wish Kahr made a metal 45 in the K9 size. I'm not ready for a MK45 as its 5+1 is a deal killer. As a great philosopher once said..."but ya never know".

I too wish that Kahr would make a metal 45. As do a lot of us. It seems like a no brainer to me, but at least in the meantime we do have our CM/PM/P and CW45's to carry. Could be worse I guess.

Congrats on a great find!

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post
    I too wish that Kahr would make a metal 45. As do a lot of us. It seems like a no brainer to me, but at least in the meantime we do have our CM/PM/P and CW45's to carry. Could be worse I guess.

Congrats on a great find!
    Full disclosure: I was actually looking for a K40 when I came across the K9. I generally carry my 45's with 185 grain bullets and consider the 40 S&W with a 180 projectile as a high speed 45. I know the ballistics are not identical not to mention recoil, but I also know the 180 grain 40 S&W has more stopping power than the 185 in 45ACP plus a 40 S&W gun generally has more capacity. My Ruger SR40C is my "SR45C" which they never made. I have the entire Ruger SR series, SR45, SR40, SR9, SR40C, SR9C. Love my SR's.

(I'll be carrying the K9 today. I ordered the Mag Guts spring/follower so she will be 8+1 soon.)

Until Justin sees fit to make us all happy, this is my K45
    Attached Images Attached Images

I own 2 K9s, 2 K40s, a MK9, and a MK40. I purchased all 9f them used in great condition for under $400 except for one of my K40s which Buds had NIB for $320. I could never bring myself to pay around $700-$900 for one especially when resale value is so low.